RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

To all translators: Index

This discussion is connected to the gimp-docs-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

To all translators: Index julien 17 Mar 15:16
  To all translators: Index Marco Ciampa 17 Mar 20:02
   To all translators: Index julien 17 Mar 20:28
    To all translators: Index Marco Ciampa 18 Mar 17:55
     To all translators: Index julien 18 Mar 21:03
julien
2007-03-17 15:16:04 UTC (about 17 years ago)

I am re-organizing the Help index.

I want to give users the possibility of accessing directly to command help, but also from function, when users want to perform an action without knowing which command to use.

For example, for the layer/Color to Alpha command, we will have: Layer
Transparency managing
Make colors transparent

Color To Alpha

and more generally: The object
A group of commands with similar action Command name if explicit else a short description of the command action

Command name

This leads me to many repeated changes in "indexterm".

So, it's wise not to translate indexterm's until this work has been completed.

Julien

Marco Ciampa
2007-03-17 20:02:21 UTC (about 17 years ago)

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 03:16:04PM +0100, julien wrote: [...]

I've some pages already translated in the index terms. What have I have to do now? Could I do a commit or either is better to wait for your changes for which I will have to resolve the conflicts by hand? Which is the best way to follow?

TIA

julien
2007-03-17 20:28:21 UTC (about 17 years ago)

This is a rather complex work and indexterms run the risk of being changed again. Don't change anything in your indexterms until work has been completed. I'll tell you when it is.

Julien

Marco Ciampa a ?crit :

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 03:16:04PM +0100, julien wrote: [...]

I've some pages already translated in the index terms. What have I have to do now? Could I do a commit or either is better to wait for your changes for which I will have to resolve the conflicts by hand? Which is the best way to follow?

TIA

Marco Ciampa
2007-03-18 17:55:32 UTC (about 17 years ago)

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 08:28:21PM +0100, julien wrote:

This is a rather complex work and indexterms run the risk of being changed again. Don't change anything in your indexterms until work has been completed. I'll tell you when it is.

Sorry, I do not understand what I have to do. So I can just commit the changes without translating the indexterm o without the indexterm for my language, right?

TIA

julien
2007-03-18 21:03:37 UTC (about 17 years ago)

You don't translate nor change your existing indexterms for the moment since english indexterms are going to be changed again.

Julien Marco Ciampa a ?crit :

On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 08:28:21PM +0100, julien wrote:

Sorry, I do not understand what I have to do. So I can just commit the changes without translating the indexterm o without the indexterm for my language, right?

TIA