GIMP 2.10.8 has been released!
GIMP is now being developed continuously and with faster release cycles it also gets more updates and also sometimes new functionality even in the stable branches.
These are the important changes in GIMP 2.10.8:
- The performance of the rendering of the projection has been improved using adaptive chunk sizes instead of using fixed sized previously
- Text tool changes: text along path now works vertically; the position by dragging the text layer using the text tool now preserves the size instead of changing it to a fixed size. And others.
- the Save dialog has been improved regarding usability. For example you can now see minumum version for the XCF file.
- Under Windows GIMP will now look up / detect the registry for a RAWTherapee key which helps to open RAW files correctly.
Soon in GIMP:
- Smart painting will be introduced in GIMP hopefully with the next release. It makes it possible to colorize a line drawing by painting little parts of the image step by step. Really cool!
You can find the latest version for GIMP 2.10.8 already in our Download-section.