Only 7 blocking bugs left before GIMP 2.10 is released [RC2 released]
Since release candidate 1 in March the team behind GIMP has worked hard and further improved GIMP in many ways!
- Optimizations and multi-threading for painting and display
- Rewritten themes
- Gradient tool improved to work in linear color space
- Blend tool renamed to Gradient tool
- New on-canvas control for 3D rotation
- Improvements in handling masks, channels, and selections
All details can be found in the official announcement.
We’ve already updated our downloads section with links to the new release candidate 2 binaries and source code.