GIMP 2.5.4 released / GIMP 2.6.0 release still in September
GIMP 2.5.4, the probably last preview version before the big GIMP 2.6.0 release, has been released. As you can read in the announcement, GIMP 2.6 shall follow still in September, only a few bugs have to be fixed yet.
For the GIMP 2.6 release, some work on the Website (especially screenshots) and the translations is needed. If you want to volunteer, please tell in the chat, channel #gimp.
Changes in GIMP 2.5.4:
- improved look and feel of the Navigation dialog and navigation popups
- improved positioning of the image in the image window
- by default turned off use of GEGL for color operations
- moved the “Use GEGL” checkbox to the Debug menu
- optimized the new scaling code
- various fixes to the Python bindings
- added Python bindings for most GIMP widgets to the gimpui module
- merged GimpHRuler and GimpVRuler classes into GimpRuler
- added Search entry to the Keyboard Shortcuts and Input Controller
- allow to drop images (in addition to URIs) on the empty image window
- improved error handling in Script-Fu
- merged upstream TinyScheme changes into Script-Fu interpreter
- bug fixes and code cleanup
You can find the download link on our downloads page.
See also: What’s new in GIMP 2.6?
Post your own comments, questions or hints here. The author and other users will see your posting and can reply to it.
Of course, you can also ask in the chat.
Please log in to manage your subscriptions.
New comments are disabled because of spam.