Create your own GIMP 2.8-Splash Screen!
11 Jan 2011 00:01 UTC – 09 Feb 2011 23:55 UTC
11 Feb 2011 00:01 UTC – 20 Feb 2011 23:55 UTC
Status: finished (22 submissions)
Sorry, currently we do have no prizes available – this contest is just for fun (and showing your skills :D)
If you’re interested in sponsoring prizes please let us know via email to email@example.com. How sponsoring looks is clearly visible at the contests-page on our German portal
A so-called splash screen is an image that is shown when launching an application/program on your computer. GIMP is using a standard-splash screen too, but it is pretty easy to change it to another one by yourself. Of course you have to create such a splash screen by yourself now for the upcoming version of GIMP (which will be 2.8) :) Thats what this contest is about. Make your very own splash screen and upload up to 3 of them to our contest system. If one of the submitted splashes is great there is also a chance to have it included as new standard splash-screen or maybe for development-versions of GIMP! However the developers will decide this and we don’t have influence on this!
- You can use any image stuff you like (photos, brushes, textures etc.) If you do so please mention all the stuff in the description when uploading
- Please put the Text “GNU Image Manipulation Program”, “GIMP” and the version number somewhere on the splash screen. This is no a “must” but helpful to determine it is a GIMP splash screen!
- you can upload up to 3 different splash screens, you can also edit or delete all of them while the contest is running. You need to be a registered member to use our upload system!
- Please save your file as .xcfbz2 too and upload it. This is a compressed xcf-file format that is smaller in size.
- Make sure all the stuff you need to do the splash screen is not copyrighted by another person that does not allow the usage of it.
- Any size of the splash screen is possible. But consider, that screen resolutions are not infinite
- After the contest has ended you’ll be able to vote on all submitted images if you like it or not.
- Have fun by making the image!
- All uploaded images are published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) License.
- You need a free gimpusers.com account to participate. You can use it to manage your submissions.
- All images have to be created with GIMP.
- Submissions are only accepted if uploaded using the Submissions page. Every image is required to be in JPEG or PNG format, and the GIMP workspace has to be uploaded, too.
- Please save and upload your GIMP workspace as .xcfbz2 file (instead of .xcf). The steps of the creation process should be as traceable as possible so that others can benefit.
- Make sure that all legal requirements are fulfilled, especially the copyright of used images. You can reference your sources in every submission's description.
- You can upload up to three submissions and modify/delete it until the end of the submission period.
- Submissions remain public when you should delete your account, but they won't be associated to an author anymore.
- Possible prizes are provided by the named sponsors. There is no legal claim to the prizes.
Post your own comments, questions or hints here. The author and other users will see your posting and can reply to it.
Of course, you can also ask in the chat.
Please log in to manage your subscriptions.
This topic (Create your own GIMP 2.8-Splash Screen!) has been rated 4.7/5.0.
New comments are disabled because of spam.