Create your own GIMP 2.8-Splash Screen!
11 Jan 2011 00:01 UTC – 09 Feb 2011 23:55 UTC
11 Feb 2011 00:01 UTC – 20 Feb 2011 23:55 UTC
Status: finished (22 submissions)
Sorry, currently we do have no prizes available – this contest is just for fun (and showing your skills :D)
If you’re interested in sponsoring prizes please let us know via email to email@example.com. How sponsoring looks is clearly visible at the contests-page on our German portal
A so-called splash screen is an image that is shown when launching an application/program on your computer. GIMP is using a standard-splash screen too, but it is pretty easy to change it to another one by yourself. Of course you have to create such a splash screen by yourself now for the upcoming version of GIMP (which will be 2.8) :) Thats what this contest is about. Make your very own splash screen and upload up to 3 of them to our contest system. If one of the submitted splashes is great there is also a chance to have it included as new standard splash-screen or maybe for development-versions of GIMP! However the developers will decide this and we don’t have influence on this!
- You can use any image stuff you like (photos, brushes, textures etc.) If you do so please mention all the stuff in the description when uploading
- Please put the Text “GNU Image Manipulation Program”, “GIMP” and the version number somewhere on the splash screen. This is no a “must” but helpful to determine it is a GIMP splash screen!
- you can upload up to 3 different splash screens, you can also edit or delete all of them while the contest is running. You need to be a registered member to use our upload system!
- Please save your file as .xcfbz2 too and upload it. This is a compressed xcf-file format that is smaller in size.
- Make sure all the stuff you need to do the splash screen is not copyrighted by another person that does not allow the usage of it.
- Any size of the splash screen is possible. But consider, that screen resolutions are not infinite
- After the contest has ended you’ll be able to vote on all submitted images if you like it or not.
- Have fun by making the image!
- All uploaded images are published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) License.
- You need a free gimpusers.com account to participate. You can use it to manage your submissions.
- All images have to be created with GIMP.
- Submissions are only accepted if uploaded using the Submissions page. Every image is required to be in JPEG or PNG format, and the GIMP workspace has to be uploaded, too.
- Please save and upload your GIMP workspace as .xcfbz2 file (instead of .xcf). The steps of the creation process should be as traceable as possible so that others can benefit.
- Make sure that all legal requirements are fulfilled, especially the copyright of used images. You can reference your sources in every submission's description.
- You can upload up to three submissions and modify/delete it until the end of the submission period.
- Submissions remain public when you should delete your account, but they won't be associated to an author anymore.
- Possible prizes are provided by the named sponsors. There is no legal claim to the prizes.