Awake statues or stone sculptures to life by colorizing them
06 Apr 2015 14:00 UTC – 06 Jun 2015 20:30 UTC
07 Jun 2015 00:00 UTC – 14 Jun 2015 23:30 UTC
Status: finished (3 submissions)
Just 4 fun :D
Along with the comics colorizing contest this one has a similar yet different topic. The base for the colorization needs to be a photo of a statue or stone sculpture. As shown in the example above I tried to colorize the sculpture. It is not necessary to bring them totally to life (no photo realism is needed). The key point is to colorize in fanciful/visionary way. You can also add some accessory stuff on your own to the scene (maybe neclaces, rings or so). We hope you’re having fun with this contest, too ;-)
I just came back from a trip to florence in Italy, which is aka “the city of renaissance”. It was awesome and I took some pictures (of course ;)) which I uploaded to flickr for this contest. You can use it if you want. Many of these fotos were taken in the Galleria dell’Academia which is a famous museum showing the original DAVID statue of Michaelangelo, too.
Please show the base image in the end picture in any way (for instance as a miniature in one of the corners).
- All uploaded images are published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) License.
- You need a free gimpusers.com account to participate. You can use it to manage your submissions.
- All images have to be created with GIMP.
- Submissions are only accepted if uploaded using the Submissions page. Every image is required to be in JPEG or PNG format, and the GIMP workspace has to be uploaded, too.
- Please save and upload your GIMP workspace as .xcfbz2 file (instead of .xcf). The steps of the creation process should be as traceable as possible so that others can benefit.
- Make sure that all legal requirements are fulfilled, especially the copyright of used images. You can reference your sources in every submission's description.
- You can upload up to three submissions and modify/delete it until the end of the submission period.
- Submissions remain public when you should delete your account, but they won't be associated to an author anymore.
- Possible prizes are provided by the named sponsors. There is no legal claim to the prizes.