Lost in space – Create a space scene in GIMP!
19 Apr 2014 15:00 UTC – 22 Jun 2014 15:00 UTC
22 Jun 2014 19:00 UTC – 30 Jun 2014 20:00 UTC
Status: finished (11 submissions)
Win one of 3 e-book editions of the book Enjoy Digital Painting – With GIMP
The best three submissions will receive a coupon that can be entered on xinxii to get your prize!
These prizes have been sponsored by publisher Bur
Thank you very much!
Planets, asteroids, and comets; distant stars, galaxies and supernovas! All of it very cool, and for some of you the embodiment of dreamy phantasies. This contest is all about that! Create a space scene of you choid in GIMP! This could be a lost asteroid traveling through space, like the image above. It could be just some detailed planets, or maybe collisions of a planet with an asteroid. Or are you more into alien stuff and space ships? :)
You can combine photos to create a new scene like I did, but you can paint too, or mix your painting with photos. This depends all on your imagination. The only thing that matters is that the final outcome is a scene that has “space” as main topic.
Have fun :)
My example: Last piece of earth can be found here in high resolution.
- Create a space scene in GIMP with this as main topic
- You can use photos only, or paint, or mix both of it
- You can use more programs beside GIMP for it. Nevertheless, please make sure that the main work is done in GIMP.
- You can upload up to three submissions
- Only submissions that were uploaded with the Upload-Tool are accepted
- You need to upload the .xcfbz2 workspace file too. Please make sure to compress it before uploading. (Use Save as… → “filename.xcfbz2”)
- All uploaded images are published under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) License.
- You need a free gimpusers.com account to participate. You can use it to manage your submissions.
- All images have to be created with GIMP.
- Submissions are only accepted if uploaded using the Submissions page. Every image is required to be in JPEG or PNG format, and the GIMP workspace has to be uploaded, too.
- Please save and upload your GIMP workspace as .xcfbz2 file (instead of .xcf). The steps of the creation process should be as traceable as possible so that others can benefit.
- Make sure that all legal requirements are fulfilled, especially the copyright of used images. You can reference your sources in every submission's description.
- You can upload up to three submissions and modify/delete it until the end of the submission period.
- Submissions remain public when you should delete your account, but they won't be associated to an author anymore.
- Possible prizes are provided by the named sponsors. There is no legal claim to the prizes.
Post your own comments, questions or hints here. The author and other users will see your posting and can reply to it.
Of course, you can also ask in the chat.
Please log in to manage your subscriptions.
New comments are disabled because of spam.