RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Scripting for resize

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Scripting for resize Paulo J Matos 16 Jul 17:10
  Scripting for resize Sven Neumann 16 Jul 18:14
   Scripting for resize Sven Neumann 16 Jul 18:20
   Scripting for resize Marc) (A.) (Lehmann 16 Jul 22:26
Scripting for resize Mike Thorn 16 Jul 18:08
Paulo J Matos
2003-07-16 17:10:18 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Scripting for resize

Hi all,

I'm just new to script-fu and gimp. I was not aware scheme is used for scripting in gimp. I loved that. :D Anyway, I've read the script-fu part of the gimp manual. I have a directory tree with about 1000 images and I'd like to resize them all to 20x20. Is there any script for doing that? If not, I checked the DB browser and I found out I need to use gimp-image-resize. How can I check which files are in a given directory?

Best regards,

Paulo J. Matos

Mike Thorn
2003-07-16 18:08:53 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Scripting for resize

Paulo J Matos wrote:

Hi all,

I'm just new to script-fu and gimp. I was not aware scheme is used for scripting in gimp. I loved that. :D Anyway, I've read the script-fu part of the gimp manual. I have a directory tree with about 1000 images and I'd like to resize them all to 20x20. Is there any script for doing that? If not, I checked the DB browser and I found out I need to use gimp-image-resize. How can I check which files are in a given directory?

Paulo,

I've used David's Batch Processor (DBP) with great results. It also affords some extra options such as sharpening, blurring, changing color options, changing contrast, etc. It's quite a nifty little plugin. Anyway, it's available here:

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~hodsond/dbp.html

HTH,

Sven Neumann
2003-07-16 18:14:53 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Scripting for resize

Hi,

"Paulo J Matos" writes:

I'm just new to script-fu and gimp. I was not aware scheme is used for scripting in gimp. I loved that. :D Anyway, I've read the script-fu part of the gimp manual. I have a directory tree with about 1000 images and I'd like to resize them all to 20x20. Is there any script for doing that?

for i in '*.png'; do convert -sample 20x20 $i > small-$i; done

Not a GIMP script but probably a lot better suited for this job.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2003-07-16 18:20:41 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Scripting for resize

Hi,

Sven Neumann writes:

That should have read

for i in '*.png'; do convert -sample 20x20 $i small-$i; done

and it might still be wrong but I guess you got the idea anyway.

Sven

Marc) (A.) (Lehmann
2003-07-16 22:26:08 UTC (almost 21 years ago)

Scripting for resize

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 06:14:53PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:

I'm just new to script-fu and gimp. I was not aware scheme is used for scripting in gimp. I loved that. :D Anyway, I've read the script-fu part of the gimp manual. I have a directory tree with about 1000

Sticking a "!" at the end of the "20x20" will actually do the job.