RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

help in creating an effect with gimp

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

help in creating an effect with gimp heath petty 14 Nov 04:09
20021114200007.AAE5010102@l... 07 Oct 20:15
  help in creating an effect with gimp Denis McCauley 15 Nov 00:26
heath petty
2002-11-14 04:09:59 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Hello all, This is my first post. I am trying to recreate an effect for some graphics for a manual I am writing. The picture with the effect can be found here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~hpetty1/images/4_5_1.jpg

If anyone has any ideas or can suggest a tutorial that will produce a similar effect I would very much appreciate it.

thanks
heath

___

Denis McCauley
2002-11-15 00:26:01 UTC (over 21 years ago)

Your example looks like a straightforward use of layers. layer1: white background (opacity 100%) layer2: caldera screen (opacity 100%) layer3: ??? (opacity less than 100%) layer4: monitor (opacity 100%)
layer5: shell (opacity 100%)

The images for layers 3 to 5 need a transparent background.

Cheers Denis McCauley

Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 19:09:59 -0800 (PST) From: heath petty
To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: [Gimp-user] help in creating an effect with gimp Message-ID:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii MIME-Version: 1.0
Precedence: list

Hello all, This is my first post. I am trying to recreate an effect for some graphics for a manual I am writing. The picture with the effect can be found here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~hpetty1/images/4_5_1.jpg

If anyone has any ideas or can suggest a tutorial that will produce a similar effect I would very much appreciate it.

thanks
heath

___