RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Changed the Font of eps files

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Changed the Font of eps files Daniel Botelho 01 Mar 04:39
  Changed the Font of eps files Sven Neumann 02 Mar 08:23
   Changed the Font of eps files Daniel Botelho 02 Mar 10:55
    Changed the Font of eps files Sven Neumann 02 Mar 19:46
Daniel Botelho
2007-03-01 04:39:46 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hi Gimper's

When I open eps files in Gimp, the fonts change from Times New Roman to something similar to Courier. Can anyone help here? I would like to keep the Times New Roman.

Just to add another note, when I open the "fonts Dialog" Times New Roman is not listed in the drop-down menu.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Sven Neumann
2007-03-02 08:23:18 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 11:39 +0800, Daniel Botelho wrote:

When I open eps files in Gimp, the fonts change from Times New Roman to something similar to Courier. Can anyone help here? I would like to keep the Times New Roman.

Just to add another note, when I open the "fonts Dialog" Times New Roman is not listed in the drop-down menu.

Looks like Times New Roman is not available on your system then. If you want us to help you with that, it would help if you could tell us what operating system you are using.

Sven

Daniel Botelho
2007-03-02 10:55:27 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hi Sven, thanks for your reply.

I am running Kubuntu 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake

I reckon Times New Roman is available as openoffice lists it and matlab generates the eps's with Times New Roman fonts. Sorry for the newbie ignorance.

My gimp version is 2.2.11

Cheers,

Daniel

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 11:39 +0800, Daniel Botelho wrote:

Looks like Times New Roman is not available on your system then. If you want us to help you with that, it would help if you could tell us what operating system you are using.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2007-03-02 19:46:04 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 17:55 +0800, Daniel Botelho wrote:

I am running Kubuntu 6.06 LTS Dapper Drake

I reckon Times New Roman is available as openoffice lists it and matlab generates the eps's with Times New Roman fonts. Sorry for the newbie ignorance.

GIMP uses Ghostscript to convert EPS files to raster graphics. If there's a font problem, then the cause it's most likely that the font in question is not among the fonts that are configured for use with Ghostscript.

Sven