RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

copy text layer across images

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

copy text layer across images Bram Kuijper 11 Feb 12:53
  copy text layer across images Sven Neumann 11 Feb 13:02
   copy text layer across images Scott Bicknell 11 Feb 17:47
    copy text layer across images T F 11 Feb 20:24
copy text layer across images Bram Kuijper 11 Feb 12:54
Bram Kuijper
2007-02-11 12:53:37 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi all,

I want to copy a text layer across different images opened in Gimp. However, when I paste a text layer in another image, Gimp transforms the text layer into a rasterized layer; resulting in that the text is not editable anymore. Does anyone know how to preserve text layers across images?

cheers,
Bram

Bram Kuijper
2007-02-11 12:54:14 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi all,

I want to copy a text layer across different images opened in Gimp. However, when I paste a text layer in another image, Gimp transforms the text layer into a rasterized layer; resulting in that the text is not editable anymore. Does anyone know how to preserve text layers across images? I use Gimp 2.2.13.

cheers, Bram

Sven Neumann
2007-02-11 13:02:17 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 12:53 +0100, Bram Kuijper wrote:

I want to copy a text layer across different images opened in Gimp. However, when I paste a text layer in another image, Gimp transforms the text layer into a rasterized layer; resulting in that the text is not editable anymore. Does anyone know how to preserve text layers across images?

When copied through the clipboard, the text layer information ist lost, as you noticed. You can work around this by dragging the text layer from the layers dialog to the target image.

Sven

Scott Bicknell
2007-02-11 17:47:00 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On Sunday, February 11, 2007 4:02 am, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

On Sun, 2007-02-11 at 12:53 +0100, Bram Kuijper wrote:

When copied through the clipboard, the text layer information ist lost, as you noticed. You can work around this by dragging the text layer from the layers dialog to the target image.

That's good to know, now, isn't it!

T F
2007-02-11 20:24:55 UTC (over 17 years ago)

image, Gimp transforms the text layer into a rasterized

I find this also can occur unwantingly when editing a single image ... wish I knew the cause.

mike