RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

smudge brush size?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

smudge brush size? James Lockie 07 Feb 07:30
  smudge brush size? Sven Neumann 07 Feb 09:39
   smudge brush size? James Lockie 07 Feb 18:01
James Lockie
2007-02-07 07:30:09 UTC (over 17 years ago)

smudge brush size?

I can set the "Scale" in the "Blur" tool to set the brush size but the "Smudge" tool doesn't have a "Scale" option. My work-around was to select a smaller brush but what is the intended way?

A big thanks to the developers because I find The GIMP comparable to Photoshop so far.

I am using GIMP-2.3

Sven Neumann
2007-02-07 09:39:38 UTC (over 17 years ago)

smudge brush size?

Hi,

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 01:30 -0500, James Lockie wrote:

I can set the "Scale" in the "Blur" tool to set the brush size but the "Smudge" tool doesn't have a "Scale" option. My work-around was to select a smaller brush but what is the intended way?

That is the intended way. The smudge tool doesn't like the brush to be scaled while it is being used. As a way to keep you from doing that, it doesn't allow scaling the brush. Perhaps we can improve this at some point. But currently, that's how it is.

Sven

James Lockie
2007-02-07 18:01:50 UTC (over 17 years ago)

smudge brush size?

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 01:30 -0500, James Lockie wrote:

That is the intended way. The smudge tool doesn't like the brush to be scaled while it is being used. As a way to keep you from doing that, it doesn't allow scaling the brush. Perhaps we can improve this at some point. But currently, that's how it is.

Sven

Ok.
I wanted to smudge only a very small area. I used a small brush.