RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Trouble resizing images

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Trouble resizing images Boho Fashion Jewellery 05 Jan 21:28
  Trouble resizing images Axel Wernicke 05 Jan 22:17
  Trouble resizing images Matthias Julius 05 Jan 22:21
  Trouble resizing images Scott Bicknell 05 Jan 23:55
Boho Fashion Jewellery
2007-01-05 21:28:35 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Trouble resizing images

Hi

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to using Gimp, having been used to Photoshop. The one key feature I always used on Photoshop was the ability to resize images to the exact dimension required and overide the automatic resized dimensions, however I can't find a way of overiding the image size in Gimp - is this possible?

Lucia

Axel Wernicke
2007-01-05 22:17:32 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Trouble resizing images

Hi Lucia,

you can with GIMP of course resize your image to any size you want to. You might have a look to http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-image- scale.html to learn how to scale images.

If that doesn't solve your problem, don't hesitate to ask again.

greetings, lexA

Am 05.01.2007 um 21:28 schrieb Boho Fashion Jewellery:

Hi

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to using Gimp, having been used to Photoshop. The one key feature I always used on Photoshop was the ability to resize images to the exact dimension required and overide the automatic resized dimensions, however I can't find a way of overiding the image size in Gimp - is this possible?

Lucia

Matthias Julius
2007-01-05 22:21:30 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Trouble resizing images

"Boho Fashion Jewellery" writes:

Do you want to change the size in pixels or the printed size? In the former case try Image -> Scale Image, in the latter try Image -> Print Size.

Matthias

Scott Bicknell
2007-01-05 23:55:29 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Trouble resizing images

On Friday 05 January 2007 12:28 pm, Boho Fashion Jewellery wrote:

Hi

It sounds like you want to resize your images without using proportional scaling. Is that correct? If it is, go to the image window's Image/Scale Image... dialog and click the chain link to the right of the width and height spin boxes. It should now be a broken chain, and will allow you to resize the image without proportional scaling.