RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Help !!!

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Help !!! Alf Strandgard 03 Jan 21:39
  Help !!! Scott Bicknell 03 Jan 23:59
  Help !!! Tim Jedlicka 04 Jan 06:44
Alf Strandgard
2007-01-03 21:39:23 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Help !!!

Hello:

I am a novice with GIMP. At work I am doing a variety of small office tasks, including creating pictures and creating labels on the screen.

When I create text and place it on the screen (transparency).....no problem. Once I come back to the same screen and want to move the text.........or edit the text..........I have trouble. I can't easily locate (click on) the original text I entered. I think it has to do with layers.

I have read the users manual.....no help.

Does anyone have an easy fix or advice on layers and text for me???

Thanks.

Alf in Florida

Scott Bicknell
2007-01-03 23:59:22 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Help !!!

On Wednesday 03 January 2007 12:39 pm, Alf Strandgard wrote:

Hello:

I am a novice with GIMP. At work I am doing a variety of small office tasks, including creating pictures and creating labels on the screen.

When I create text and place it on the screen (transparency).....no problem. Once I come back to the same screen and want to move the text.........or edit the text..........I have trouble. I can't easily locate (click on) the original text I entered. I think it has to do with layers.

I have read the users manual.....no help.

Does anyone have an easy fix or advice on layers and text for

When you want to move a text layer you either must place the cursor directly over the text, or select the Move the current layer radio button in the move tool's options dialog.

Tim Jedlicka
2007-01-04 06:44:58 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Help !!!

On 1/3/07, Alf Strandgard wrote:

* want to move the text………*

In the Layer dialogue (it should be on the screen, but you can also get to it via Ctrl-L or Dialogs->Layers), make sure your text layer is active/highlighted. It should have a big "T" as an icon and have some of your text. Then click on the "Move tool" - looks like a plus sign with arrows on each end (or "m"), then in that tool's dialog select the "Move the Current Layer" radio button - this will make it easier to move the text layer.

*or edit the text…… *

Double click on the "T" in the layers dialog. A separate box with all your text should appear. This is where you can edit the text.

Hope that helps.