RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Pallet Editing, and Exporting

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Pallet Editing, and Exporting Keiichi Morisato 27 Dec 08:10
  Pallet Editing, and Exporting Mukund 02 Jan 03:08
Pallet Editing, and Exporting Saul Goode 30 Dec 14:37
Keiichi Morisato
2006-12-27 08:10:09 UTC (over 17 years ago)

I am having an issue using GIMPshop, would you please tell me how to set and export a custom pallet, set by me not tht computer, as this program is the basic freeware of Photo Shop I am assuming that it has this function. If it does not please allow it to as this is important to me.

Saul Goode
2006-12-30 14:37:02 UTC (over 17 years ago)

I am having an issue using GIMPshop, would you please tell me how to

set and

export a custom pallet, set by me not tht computer, as this program is the basic freeware of Photo Shop I am assuming that it has this function.

If it

does not please allow it to as this is important to me.

To my knowledge, there is little to no documentation available for gimpshop; you will wish to obtain help from Photoshop references or seek assistance in Photoshop user forums.

If you wish to use the GIMP, I would suggest that you can use the Palette Editor to create custom palettes (they are automatically saved when you exit the editor). To access the Palette Editor, use the "File->Dialogs->Palettes" to see a list of the available palettes. The buttons along the bottom of the window permit you to, among other things, create a new custom palette (or you can duplicate an existing one to edit).

Once you are in the editor, click on the "New Color" button to create a new color. You can modify an existing color by double-clicking on a color to bring up a color chooser window.

You might also find the "Import Palette..." command (which is available from the Palettes dialog) useful for extracting palettes from images and gradients.

Once again, my suggestions are for the GIMP, not gimpshop (which I have never used). Gimpshop has intentionally foregone the standard interface used by the GIMP and you will have to seek help in places other than the GIMP-User mailing list for any further questions you might have about gimpshop.

--------
"It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit." -- Harry S. Truman

Mukund
2007-01-02 03:08:35 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi Keiichi

Keiichi Morisato wrote:

I am having an issue using GIMPshop, would you please tell me how to set and
export a custom pallet, set by me not tht computer, as this program is the basic freeware of Photo Shop I am assuming that it has this function. If it does not please allow it to as this is important to me.

You should contact the GIMPshop support forums (or their development team if you can't find a support forum for it) to ask support questions on that product. This is a mailing list for a different project called GIMP.

[On a related note, it's not entirely this person's fault that he ended up looking for support here. IMHO GIMPshop should not have been named with 'GIMP' in its name, even though it was well meant. This is one of the reasons why trademarks are used so that people don't get confused like this. Both GIMP (different UI) _and_ Photoshop (different behaviour) fora are unlikely to be able to help.]

Kind regards,

Mukund