RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

scanning electron microscopy

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

scanning electron microscopy dorai iyer 12 Dec 14:11
  scanning electron microscopy Michael Schumacher 12 Dec 15:48
   scanning electron microscopy Jeffrey Brent McBeth 12 Dec 16:10
  scanning electron microscopy Sven Neumann 12 Dec 18:35
dorai iyer
2006-12-12 14:11:47 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,
I just joined the list. My interest in gimp is as a scanning electron microscope user. is there any plugin that allows calibration/scaling of the image pixels to microns or nanaometers. the information i found referred only to pixels/inches.
Thanks

Michael Schumacher
2006-12-12 15:48:13 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Von: "dorai iyer"

is there any plugin that allows calibration/scaling of the image pixels to microns or nanaometers.

Try the unit editor. http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-xtns-unit-editor.html

HTH, Michael

Jeffrey Brent McBeth
2006-12-12 16:10:58 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 03:48:13PM +0100, Michael Schumacher wrote:

Von: "dorai iyer"

is there any plugin that allows calibration/scaling of the image pixels to microns or nanaometers.

Try the unit editor. http://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-xtns-unit-editor.html

There appears to be a limitation on the unit editor that prevents it from being used for nanometers. If you type in the scale factor 25400000, (which is appropriate for nm), the editor chops it down to 2^16.

Jeff

Sven Neumann
2006-12-12 18:35:52 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 06:11 -0700, dorai iyer wrote:

I just joined the list. My interest in gimp is as a scanning electron microscope user. is there any plugin that allows calibration/scaling of the image pixels to microns or nanaometers. the information i found referred only to pixels/inches.

You probably want to use Gwyddion instead of GIMP. Otherwise, I suggest that you work on a fixed scale of 1:1,000,000. That's what I usually do when working with AFM pictures in GIMP. Just use millimeters as if said nanometers.

Sven