RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Website

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Website Ben Walker 06 Dec 01:08
  Website Anthony Ettinger 06 Dec 01:31
Ben Walker
2006-12-06 01:08:29 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Website

Well, I guess I am going to take on a redesign of the website (pending developer approval), and I am going to need the community's help. From time to time I will mail this list and the GimpWin list with specific requests.

I don't aim to totally demolish everything that is there already, but a lot of work needs to be done. What's good should stay, what's not should go. I don't believe in changing stuff just for the sake of changing it. I can't make any timeframe promises as I am very busy, but for the foreseeable future, I am committing to this project.

A graphic program's website should be graphically stimulating. I am humbled by the artistic skills of lots of you guys/gals, and will call upon you a bit as you no doubt can do better than I.

After a few minutes work I have lots of ideas and will post mock-ups soon on some webspace I have. Right now I'd like to ask members to please post any suggestions/requests for the website. I would like to add your ideas to mine and get GIMP some real web presence!

Ben W.

Anthony Ettinger
2006-12-06 01:31:49 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Website

On 12/5/06, Ben Walker wrote:

Well, I guess I am going to take on a redesign of the website (pending developer approval), and I am going to need the community's help. From time to time I will mail this list and the GimpWin list with specific requests.

I don't aim to totally demolish everything that is there already, but a lot of work needs to be done. What's good should stay, what's not should go. I don't believe in changing stuff just for the sake of changing it. I can't make any timeframe promises as I am very busy, but for the foreseeable future, I am committing to this project.

A graphic program's website should be graphically stimulating. I am humbled by the artistic skills of lots of you guys/gals, and will call upon you a bit as you no doubt can do better than I.

After a few minutes work I have lots of ideas and will post mock-ups soon on some webspace I have. Right now I'd like to ask members to please post any suggestions/requests for the website. I would like to add your ideas to mine and get GIMP some real web presence!

I like the new site :)