RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Unable to use 'system' command for script-fu <-- Almost done

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

multi-line text control Mark Harris 09 Oct 23:38
  multi-line text control Carol Spears 10 Oct 10:07
   Unable to use 'system' command for script-fu <-- Almost done saulgoode@flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com 12 Mar 12:47
multi-line text control Chris Conn 10 Oct 14:45
Mark Harris
2006-10-09 23:38:32 UTC (over 17 years ago)

multi-line text control

I'm using a windows version of Gimp, 2.2.1.3. I notice I don't have the capability for multiline text, which I believe is provided by the gdyntext plug in. I've been unable to find a windows version of this plug in, and cannot build it from source using MS C++. Would anyone know where to turn for this?

Mark Portland, OR

Carol Spears
2006-10-10 10:07:15 UTC (over 17 years ago)

multi-line text control

On Mon, Oct 09, 2006 at 02:38:32PM -0700, Mark Harris wrote:

I'm using a windows version of Gimp, 2.2.1.3. I notice I don't have the capability for multiline text, which I believe is provided by the gdyntext plug in. I've been unable to find a windows version of this plug in, and cannot build it from source using MS C++. Would anyone know where to turn for this?

wow, i haven't heard anyone mention gdynatext in a really long while.

i would be curious what the error message is if you tried to build this as you have described here.

i think that the new texttool accepts an enter to create individual lines with. there are also some buttons that allow you align the text horizontally.

more current is the freetype plug-in. but the way gimp developers use the word 'current' -- if taken like the velocity of a stream, many of the developers have confused a lake with a stream.

http://freetype.gimp.org

carol

Chris Conn
2006-10-10 14:45:01 UTC (over 17 years ago)

multi-line text control

I brought up my version of Gimp (2.2.13), and used the regular text widget. If you press Enter while you're editing the text, it automatically expands the text that will be dropped onto the canvas. Keep in mind that I left the dialog displayed while I was typing the text (after having clicked on the text tool itself.

Chris

-------------- Original message ------------

saulgoode@flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com
2007-03-12 12:47:41 UTC (about 17 years ago)

Unable to use 'system' command for script-fu <-- Almost done

Quoting Tony Freeman:

One last thing that I cannot figure out is: how do you close the dialog box that the image is sitting in? In Scheme you do it like so:

(gimp-display-delete Image)

I've tried the following (with variations), but it causes the python-fu to hang:

pdb.gimp_display_delete(img)

To the best of my knowledge, it is impossible for a script to close the display unless it was created through PDB calls (i.e., you cannot delete an image created or opened by the user).

The PDB function, 'gimp-image-delete', only works with images that have been created through the PDB. Since the call to 'gimp-display-delete' will attempt to delete the image if the display you are deleting is the only one associated with the image, you end up effectively violating the conditions of 'gimp-image-delete'.