RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP newbie can't blur

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP newbie can't blur Alexandru GHERMAN 16 Sep 15:04
  GIMP newbie can't blur Carol Spears 16 Sep 17:53
   GIMP newbie can't blur Alexandru GHERMAN 16 Sep 20:22
  GIMP newbie can't blur Darren Govoni 16 Sep 19:36
Alexandru GHERMAN
2006-09-16 15:04:49 UTC (over 17 years ago)

GIMP newbie can't blur

Hi !

I'm using Gimp in Windows, and I'm (very) newbie. I have an image and I wanted to Blur/Sharpen it, but whenever I load it and I select the region or the entire image, when I go to Filters/Blur, all the filters are not activated / frozen gray menus. Please can someone help me how should I do it ?

Thank you very much, and I'm sorry if that's a very trivial issue, but I want to start Gimp, and I must do this and I hope you can help me!
Thank you,
Alex

Carol Spears
2006-09-16 17:53:04 UTC (over 17 years ago)

GIMP newbie can't blur

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 04:04:49PM +0300, Alexandru GHERMAN wrote:

I'm using Gimp in Windows, and I'm (very) newbie. I have an image and I wanted to Blur/Sharpen it, but whenever I load it and I select the region or the entire image, when I go to Filters/Blur, all the filters are not activated / frozen gray menus. Please can someone help me how should I do it ?

just a guess, but the image is probably indexed.

Image/Mode/RGB should enable all of the blur/sharpen plugins.

carol

Darren Govoni
2006-09-16 19:36:32 UTC (over 17 years ago)

GIMP newbie can't blur

Hi,
Your image is probably not of type RGB. Load your image, go to Image->Mode->RGB and then the filters should appear.

Darren

On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 16:04 +0300, Alexandru GHERMAN wrote:

Hi !

Thank you very much, and I'm sorry if that's a very trivial issue, but I want to start Gimp, and I must do this and I hope you can help me!
Thank you,
Alex

Alexandru GHERMAN
2006-09-16 20:22:04 UTC (over 17 years ago)

GIMP newbie can't blur

That was it! Thank you very much guys for your help !

Best regards, Alexandru Gherman,

-----Original Message----- From: Carol Spears [mailto:carol@gimp.org] Sent: 16 September 2006 18:53
To: Alexandru GHERMAN; GIMPUser
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] GIMP newbie can't blur

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 04:04:49PM +0300, Alexandru GHERMAN wrote:

just a guess, but the image is probably indexed.

Image/Mode/RGB should enable all of the blur/sharpen plugins.

carol