RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Fill with a gradient color: change and not redo

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Fill with a gradient color: change and not redo Jean-Christophe Roux 20 Aug 20:04
  Fill with a gradient color: change and not redo Chris Mohler 20 Aug 20:38
   Fill with a gradient color: change and not redo Jean-Christophe Roux 20 Aug 20:57
    Fill with a gradient color: change and not redo Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 21 Aug 05:34
Jean-Christophe Roux
2006-08-20 20:04:36 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Hello,
I have used the blend tool to fill a layer with a gradient background. Nice. Now I'd like to change the opacity, do I really have to redraw the gradient from scratch? I cannot find a way to select the layer, adjust the gradient opacity and see the result. I must be missing something basic with Gimp! Thanks
JCR

---------------------------------
Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check it out.

Chris Mohler
2006-08-20 20:38:20 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On 8/20/06, Jean-Christophe Roux wrote:

Hello,
I have used the blend tool to fill a layer with a gradient background. Nice. Now I'd like to change the opacity, do I really have to redraw the gradient from scratch? I cannot find a way to select the layer, adjust the gradient opacity and see the result. I must be missing something basic with Gimp! Thanks
JCR

What about using the master opacity slider in the 'Layers' dialog?

Chris

Jean-Christophe Roux
2006-08-20 20:57:13 UTC (over 17 years ago)

Chris,
Yes that solves my problem of adjusting the opacity; but what if I want to play with the offset or the repeat? To repeat the same drag, I must jolt down somewhere the starting point and the blend parameters otherwise I don't really have a chance to redo the exact same thing. Maybe add to the Blend dialog, the possibility to enter the values for the start point and the blend, which could be saved in Save Options, and with a button to automatically draw the gradiant without using the mouse. Maybe there is currently a better way of doing that. JCR

Chris Mohler wrote: On 8/20/06, Jean-Christophe Roux wrote:

Hello,
JCR

Chris

---------------------------------
Do you Yahoo!?
Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2006-08-21 05:34:50 UTC (over 17 years ago)

On Sunday 20 August 2006 03:57 pm, Jean-Christophe Roux wrote:

Chris,
Yes that solves my problem of adjusting the opacity; but what if I want to play with the offset or the repeat? To repeat the same drag, I must jolt down somewhere the starting point and the blend parameters otherwise I don't really have a chance to redo the exact same thing. Maybe add to the Blend dialog, the possibility to enter the values for the start point and the blend, which could be saved in Save Options, and with a button to automatically draw the gradiant without using the mouse. Maybe there is currently a better way of doing that. JCR

Hi,
you can always fire up a script-fu console, and call the gradient-related entries in the procedure database by hand. That wya, you can re-issue a previously typed line and change jsut the values you want.

The help on the pdb functions can be found on Xtns->PDB browser, and the Script-fu console under Xtns->Scrip-fu-> console

Chris Mohler wrote: On 8/20/06, Jean-Christophe

Roux wrote:

Hello,
I have used the blend tool to fill a layer with a gradient background. Nice. Now I'd like to change the opacity, do I really have to redraw the gradient from scratch? I cannot find a way to select the layer, adjust the gradient opacity and see the result. I must be missing something basic with Gimp! Thanks JCR

Chris

--------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!?
Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.