RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Decreasing the dimension but maintaining quality

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Decreasing the dimension but maintaining quality Shivakumar GN 13 Jul 15:55
  Decreasing the dimension but maintaining quality Mukund 13 Jul 16:38
   Decreasing the dimension but maintaining quality Shivakumar GN 15 Jul 05:38
Shivakumar GN
2006-07-13 15:55:48 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hello List members,

I have acquired (using gimp's acquire option) screen shots of webpages which I need to make part of a document. The images need to be reduced in size to fit into the pages of the document. There is a "Image->Print Size" option, can I use this for my purpose. The "Image->Scale Image" option seems to reduce the quality of the image (fonts get blurred).

This document is to be of print quality and hence I need to have minimum loss of image quality.

TIA.

best regards Shiv

Mukund
2006-07-13 16:38:47 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 19:25 +0530, Shivakumar GN wrote:

I have acquired (using gimp's acquire option) screen shots of webpages which I need to make part of a document. The images need to be reduced in size to fit into the pages of the document. There is a "Image->Print Size" option, can I use this for my purpose. The "Image->Scale Image" option seems to reduce the quality of the image (fonts get blurred).

This document is to be of print quality and hence I need to have minimum loss of image quality.

You can try using the Scale Image dialog and just change the DPI of the image.

Mukund

Shivakumar GN
2006-07-15 05:38:31 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

On 7/13/06, Mukund wrote:

The images need to be reduced in size to fit into the pages of the document. This document is to be of print quality and hence I need to have minimum loss of image quality.

You can try using the Scale Image dialog and just change the DPI of the image.

Thanks Mukund. By choosing options for best quality while scaling and then by sharpening the images, I could get an acceptable quality images.

regards
Shiv