RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Using gimp-print - a beginner's query

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Using gimp-print - a beginner's query Felix Karpfen 11 Jul 22:33
  Using gimp-print - a beginner's query Sven Neumann 11 Jul 22:42
Felix Karpfen
2006-07-11 22:33:14 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

My (recently-acquired) HP DeskJet 3940 is configured to print "normal black" on A4 paper. This setting matches the normal use of the printer.

Do these default settings need to be changed (in CUPS) if I wish to print a scanned colour-photo on photo-quality paper (4x6) or does the configured "gimp-print" make the needed adjustments to the CUPS defaults?

All advice will be gratefully received.

Felix Karpfen

Sven Neumann
2006-07-11 22:42:53 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 06:33 +1000, Felix Karpfen wrote:

My (recently-acquired) HP DeskJet 3940 is configured to print "normal black" on A4 paper. This setting matches the normal use of the printer.

Do these default settings need to be changed (in CUPS) if I wish to print a scanned colour-photo on photo-quality paper (4x6) or does the configured "gimp-print" make the needed adjustments to the CUPS defaults?

You probably want to ask this on the gimp-print mailing-list (or did they rename the list to gutenprint yet?). It's a different project, so you are more likely going to get help there.

Sven