RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP-CAD

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP-CAD VytautasP 04 Jul 07:54
200607040911.19180.gwidion@... 07 Oct 20:17
  GIMP-CAD VytautasP 04 Jul 14:48
VytautasP
2006-07-04 07:54:38 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

GIMP-CAD

Aren't there in developers' plans to introduce some simple CLI? I'm used to AutoCAD style interface and miss it in GIMP very much:) It would be very convenient just pres in command line "c" to draw a circle, or "l" to draw a line. And snapping to end of line, center of circle, middle of line would be much appreciated. And recording of macros would be great improvement too.

VytautasP
2006-07-04 14:48:36 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

GIMP-CAD

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

On Tuesday 04 July 2006 02:54 am, VytautasP wrote:

Aren't there in developers' plans to introduce some simple CLI? I'm used to AutoCAD style interface and miss it in GIMP very much:) It would be very convenient just pres in command line "c" to draw a circle, or "l" to draw a line. And snapping to end of line, center of circle, middle of line would be much appreciated. And recording of macros would be great improvement too. ___________________________________________

That can easily be done from within the python bindings for the GIMP. All that is needed to do is a module wrapping sahortcuts like "c" and "l" to the longer gimp function names and mandatory parameters (the wrapper could make then optional).

Send me a reasonobly complete list of what commands you would want and lets see wqhat comes out of that.

Regards, JS
->
(meanwhile, if you do not have gimp-python installed, try to get it)

That was just a thought an idea to make GIMP better one. But sure I can list options from CAD I miss most in GIMP:)

* Coordinate system. Changeable 0,0 point.; * Draw line from a keyboard (thickness;start;end;); * Snap to end of line;
* Snap to middle of line;
* Draw a circle (first point;second point :first point;second point;third point :center;radius); * Snap to the center of circle;
* Draw polygon;

These would be nice to see in GIMP. I'm sure, everybody would love that.