RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

How to do Angled Gradient Fills

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

1 of 1 message available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

How to do Angled Gradient Fills A 03 Jul 14:54
A
2006-07-03 14:54:58 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

How to do Angled Gradient Fills

Hi,
I'm trying to work out an easy way to do a path stroke gradient fill.
What I'm trying to do is:
I have a path that is a curved line and what I want to do is gradient fill from the path to a number of pixels perpendicular to the path. (On both sides - but of course one side is good enough - I then just have to do it twice using the median colour)
Not a problem if I have to stroke the path as a line then work with the bitmap (which is what I did below for the straight line)
If it was a straight line - that's easy enough, but since it is a curve (actually lots of them) I can't work out how to do it (except of course to manually colour it in with the air brush - though I'm no good at doing that at all)
Here's a simple example of 2 colours and then for the straight line, the gradient fill, then for the curved line - ?
http://66.40.35.24/CurveGradient.png And of course if the path is something like a crescent moon, it's even more difficult.
-Any help greatly appreciated