RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help!

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

13 of 14 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help! Kungla 27 Jun 10:53
  Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help! Sven Neumann 27 Jun 19:19
   Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help! Kungla 28 Jun 10:09
    Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help! Kungla 28 Jun 14:17
     Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help! Sven Neumann 29 Jun 19:20
      Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help! Axel Wernicke 30 Jun 00:12
    Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help! Sven Neumann 29 Jun 19:19
c013b9490606291509g201d44f8... 07 Oct 20:17
  Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help! Kungla 30 Jun 00:09
   Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help! Michael Schumacher 30 Jun 00:14
    Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help! Kungla 30 Jun 00:22
   Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help! Axel Wernicke 30 Jun 00:17
    Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help! Kungla 30 Jun 00:50
     Filter menu is empty on MacBook, please help! Michael Schumacher 30 Jun 10:23
Kungla
2006-06-27 10:53:05 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hi,

I installed a gimp to my new macbook and the filter menu is empty and no script-fu. What may be the problem?

Valter

Sven Neumann
2006-06-27 19:19:58 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

On Tue, 2006-06-27 at 11:53 +0300, Kungla wrote:

I installed a gimp to my new macbook and the filter menu is empty and no script-fu. What may be the problem?

Looks like http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=335329

If you can add additional information that might help to track down the problem, please add a comment to that bug-report.

Sven

Kungla
2006-06-28 10:09:06 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Thanks - it seems to be that bug. Where can I set the language, like described in bugzilla - he says that if "LANG= " then there are complete menus!? This bug is there over a two months - strange that this is not repaired, because no Intel Mac user can use GIMP filters and scripts.

Valter

On 6/27/06, Sven Neumann wrote:

If you can add additional information that might help to track down the problem, please add a comment to that bug-report.

Sven

Kungla
2006-06-28 14:17:36 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Problem solved :) - (bug still there) I removed from Mac OS ->System Preferences->International->languages Estonian (so that English is first) and now filter menu an scripts are visible

Thanks for help!

Valter

On 6/28/06, Kungla wrote:

Thanks - it seems to be that bug. Where can I set the language, like described in bugzilla - he says that if "LANG= " then there are complete menus!? This bug is there over a two months - strange that this is not repaired, because no Intel Mac user can use GIMP filters and scripts.

Valter

On 6/27/06, Sven Neumann wrote:

Sven

Sven Neumann
2006-06-29 19:19:50 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 11:09 +0300, Kungla wrote:

This bug is there over a two months - strange that this is not repaired, because no Intel Mac user can use GIMP filters and scripts.

Perhaps it's strange, but not really surprising. It seems that Mac users aren't any better than users of the Windows operating system when it comes to making their own hands dirty and actually debugging a problem and contributing a fix for it. There have been only very sporadic contributions from Mac OS X users so far.

Sven

Sven Neumann
2006-06-29 19:20:37 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-06-28 at 15:17 +0300, Kungla wrote:

Problem solved :) - (bug still there) I removed from Mac OS ->System Preferences->International->languages Estonian (so that English is first) and now filter menu an scripts are visible

I explicitely asked you to add any information that could help to our bug-tracker. Did you add this information?

Sven

Kungla
2006-06-30 00:09:59 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

On 6/30/06, Kungla wrote:

I havent got an bugzilla accaunt approve and I contacted the Gimp.app developer - but no repaly from him too.

I think that Win and Mac users dont want to waste their time on debuging - it too hard. Easyer is to pay for software and it's tested for you. Linux users are IT fans and they like debuging and allso belive in Open Source but all world cant belive in same thing and most of people don't even know what the Open Source ((L)GPL) is - and they dont have to - it's for developers - people just need good, easy and WORKING software.

Valter

On 6/29/06, Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

I explicitely asked you to add any information that could help to our bug-tracker. Did you add this information?

Sven

Axel Wernicke
2006-06-30 00:12:56 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1

this problem is well known and documented. I talked to mitch about this issue in lyon already. There is a bug filed in the gnome bugzilla and a description how to work around this issue in the gimp- app forum at sourceforge. My most recent view is that mitch wanted to incorporate some special logging into the more recent 2.3.x versions to hunt this down.

I'd be very happy to give any help I can to solve this, but sorry - debugging is nothing that I can handle for GIMP@OS X - But I could for example meet with you and/or mitch, bring my MacBook and give you a chance to do it together...

greetings, lexA

Am 29.06.2006 um 19:20 schrieb Sven Neumann:

Hi,

Problem solved :) - (bug still there) I removed from Mac OS ->System Preferences->International->languages Estonian (so that English is first) and now filter menu an scripts are
visible

Sven

Michael Schumacher
2006-06-30 00:14:56 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Kungla wrote:

people just need good, easy and WORKING software.

Software that enables them to quote properly on mailing lists, for example?

SCNR, Michael

Axel Wernicke
2006-06-30 00:17:31 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Am 30.06.2006 um 00:09 schrieb Kungla:

I havent got an bugzilla accaunt approve and I contacted the Gimp.app developer - but no repaly from him too.

You simply could have had a look into the forum at gimp-app. You immediately would have found a solution!

I think that Win and Mac users dont want to waste their time on debuging - it too hard. Easyer is to pay for software and it's tested

I think it's not about beeing a waste of time or beeing to hard - there are simply people with different abilities and knowledge. I'm using OS X and try to help out with documentation screenshots and therelike. Coding is not my business anymore, but that of course doesn't mean that this would be a waste on time in general! I, as a user of GIMP, really appreciate any minute that is spend by the crowd to improve the GIMP!

for you. Linux users are IT fans and they like debuging and allso belive in Open Source but all world cant belive in same thing and most
of people don't even know what the Open Source ((L)GPL) is - and they dont have to - it's for developers - people just need good, easy and WORKING software.

good working software is not a gift that falls out of the blue sky. Please consider that.

greetings, lexA

Valter

Hi,

Problem solved :) - (bug still there) I removed from Mac OS ->System Preferences->International-

languages

Estonian (so that English is first) and now filter menu an

scripts are

visible

I explicitely asked you to add any information that could help

to our

bug-tracker. Did you add this information?

Sven

Kungla
2006-06-30 00:22:07 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

:) I can live whit that

On 6/30/06, Michael Schumacher wrote:

Kungla wrote:

people just need good, easy and WORKING software.

Software that enables them to quote properly on mailing lists, for example?

SCNR, Michael

--
GIMP > http://www.gimp.org | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp Wiki > http://wiki.gimp.org | .de: http://gimpforum.de Plug-ins > http://registry.gimp.org |

Kungla
2006-06-30 00:50:21 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

You simply could have had a look into the forum at gimp-app. You immediately would have found a solution!

this forum is hard to find, specialy if you dont know that something like this exists.

I think it's not about beeing a waste of time or beeing to hard - there are simply people with different abilities and knowledge. I'm using OS X and try to help out with documentation screenshots and therelike. Coding is not my business anymore, but that of course doesn't mean that this would be a waste on time in general! I, as a user of GIMP, really appreciate any minute that is spend by the crowd to improve the GIMP!

Power of belive - people work for free and are happyer than those who get payed - thats why I like Open Sorce too. I belive the real world could work also that way

Valter

Yep but sometimes It's

On 6/30/06, Axel Wernicke wrote:

Am 30.06.2006 um 00:09 schrieb Kungla:

I think that Win and Mac users dont want to waste their time on debuging - it too hard. Easyer is to pay for software and it's tested

for you. Linux users are IT fans and they like debuging and allso belive in Open Source but all world cant belive in same thing and most
of people don't even know what the Open Source ((L)GPL) is - and they dont have to - it's for developers - people just need good, easy and WORKING software.

good working software is not a gift that falls out of the blue sky. Please consider that.

greetings, lexA

Valter

Hi,

Problem solved :) - (bug still there) I removed from Mac OS ->System Preferences->International-

languages

Estonian (so that English is first) and now filter menu an

scripts are

visible

I explicitely asked you to add any information that could help

to our

bug-tracker. Did you add this information?

Sven

Michael Schumacher
2006-06-30 10:23:15 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Von: Kungla

this forum is hard to find, specialy if you dont know that something like this exists.

I have already filed in a bug in the Gimp.app bug tracker for this, complaining about the fact that the Gimp.app maintainer hides the SF functionality too much.

Maybe he will finally consider changes to the front page if enough OS X users tell him that they care.

HTH, Michael