RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Prints text, not image

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Prints text, not image Thomas W. Cranston 04 Jun 18:46
  Prints text, not image Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 05 Jun 03:57
Thomas W. Cranston
2006-06-04 18:46:14 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Prints text, not image

Hi

I am getting Epson Stylus COLOR 1520 set up for first time.

I am using gimp 2.2.8 with Fedora Core 3.

I scanned image , and saved as jpeg. It prints out as pages of text. No image. I get the same kind of result if I draw rectangles filled w/color in gimp. I also drew the same rectangles using Open Office.Org Draw. The 1520 printed them OK. Gimp did print the images as images, not text at first. I then had to do a lot of work cleaning the print heads. Now I just get text, not image.

For example: %PS-Adobe-3.0
%%Creator: Print plug-in V4.2.7 - 15 Jul 2004 for GIMP/Gimp-print 4.2.7 (15 Jul 2004)
%%CreationDate: Sun Jun 4 10:27:52 2005 %Copyright: bla bla bla ...
%%BoundingBox: 44 6 567 756
%% documentData: Clean7Bit
%%LanguageLevel: 2
%%Pages 1
%%Orientation: Portrait
%%End Comments
%%EndComments
%%Page: 1 1
gsave
44 756 translate
0.769 0.770 scale
/DeviceRGB setcolorspace
<<
/ImageType 1
/Width 680
/Height 935
/BitsPerComponent 8 /Decode [ 010101 ] /Data Source currentfile /ASCII85Decode filter /Interpolate true /ImageMatrix [ 100-101 >>
I now get pages and pages of text at this point]

I used the cups utility at http://localhost:731 to kill the job. I have even turned the printer off, disonnected it from the computer and power overnight, and shutdown the computer and restarted it with the same results

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2006-06-05 03:57:54 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Prints text, not image

On Sunday 04 June 2006 01:46 pm, Thomas W. Cranston wrote:

Hi

I am getting Epson Stylus COLOR 1520 set up for first time.

I am using gimp 2.2.8 with Fedora Core 3.

I scanned image , and saved as jpeg. It prints out as pages of text. No image. I get the same kind of result if I draw rectangles filled w/color in gimp. I also drew the same rectangles using Open Office.Org Draw. The 1520 printed them OK. Gimp did print the images as images, not text at first. I then had to do a lot of work cleaning the print heads. Now I just get text, not image.

On the gimp's printing dialog, ont eh pritner configurationtab, somewhere, you will find a printing command. It will contain something like:
lpr XXXXXX -oraw XXXXX

Remove the -oraw (or maybe -o raw) from there.