RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Startup "layout"

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Startup "layout" Norman Walsh 31 May 22:18
  Startup "layout" Norman Walsh 06 Jun 13:32
   Startup "layout" Dave Neary 06 Jun 13:46
    Startup "layout" Norman Walsh 06 Jun 14:04
     Startup "layout" Simon Budig 06 Jun 14:19
   Startup "layout" Sven Neumann 06 Jun 19:02
Norman Walsh
2006-05-31 22:18:10 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Startup "layout"

When Gimp starts, it displays the main menu panel and the "Layers, Channels, ..." panel. Is there anyway that I can get it to automatically display the File->Layer->Colors menu also? I can "pin" it to the desktop for a session, but it'd be a lot less tedious if I didn't have to do that every time I started Gimp.

Be seeing you, norm

Norman Walsh
2006-06-06 13:32:18 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Startup "layout"

Is this really not possible?

/ Norman Walsh was heard to say: | When Gimp starts, it displays the main menu panel and the "Layers, | Channels, ..." panel. Is there anyway that I can get it to | automatically display the File->Layer->Colors menu also? I can "pin" | it to the desktop for a session, but it'd be a lot less tedious if I | didn't have to do that every time I started Gimp.

Be seeing you, norm

Dave Neary
2006-06-06 13:46:43 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Startup "layout"

Hi Norman,

Norman Walsh wrote:

/ Norman Walsh was heard to say: | When Gimp starts, it displays the main menu panel and the "Layers, | Channels, ..." panel. Is there anyway that I can get it to | automatically display the File->Layer->Colors menu also? I can "pin" | it to the desktop for a session, but it'd be a lot less tedious if I | didn't have to do that every time I started Gimp.

Normally, it's enough to open the dock, and quit the GIMP. The docks you have open, as well as their positions on the screen, are saved at the end of every session.

Cheers,
Dave.

Norman Walsh
2006-06-06 14:04:27 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Startup "layout"

/ Dave Neary was heard to say:
| Norman Walsh wrote:
|> Is this really not possible?
|>
|> / Norman Walsh was heard to say: |> | When Gimp starts, it displays the main menu panel and the "Layers, |> | Channels, ..." panel. Is there anyway that I can get it to |> | automatically display the File->Layer->Colors menu also? I can "pin" |> | it to the desktop for a session, but it'd be a lot less tedious if I |> | didn't have to do that every time I started Gimp. |
| Normally, it's enough to open the dock, and quit the GIMP. The docks you | have open, as well as their positions on the screen, are saved at the | end of every session.

Odd. That has not been my experience. I definitely have "Save window positions on exit" checked. Even clicking "Save Window Positions Now" doesn't help.

Be seeing you, norm

Simon Budig
2006-06-06 14:19:08 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Startup "layout"

Norman Walsh (ndw@nwalsh.com) wrote:

/ Dave Neary was heard to say:
| Norman Walsh wrote:
|> Is this really not possible?
|>
|> / Norman Walsh was heard to say: |> | When Gimp starts, it displays the main menu panel and the "Layers, |> | Channels, ..." panel. Is there anyway that I can get it to |> | automatically display the File->Layer->Colors menu also? I can "pin" |> | it to the desktop for a session, but it'd be a lot less tedious if I |> | didn't have to do that every time I started Gimp. |
| Normally, it's enough to open the dock, and quit the GIMP. The docks you | have open, as well as their positions on the screen, are saved at the | end of every session.

Odd. That has not been my experience. I definitely have "Save window positions on exit" checked. Even clicking "Save Window Positions Now" doesn't help.

Dave probably was a bit confused here, torn off submenus are not docks. Unfortunately it is not yet possible to save the state of the torn off submenus. I believe that a patch to implement this would be accepted, but I doubt that there are many people who would benefit from that, so it is quite a low priority task...

Bye, Simon

Sven Neumann
2006-06-06 19:02:46 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Startup "layout"

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 07:32 -0400, Norman Walsh wrote:

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=126018

Sven