RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

gif/avi in gap

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

gif/avi in gap adly mabro 28 May 09:07
  gif/avi in gap Carol Spears 28 May 12:10
adly mabro
2006-05-28 09:07:08 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

gif/avi in gap

Do I have to convert my gif animation to avi in order to get my layers into frames using "Split Video into Frames", or is there another way in gap, that is still automated?
Thanks,
Adly

Carol Spears
2006-05-28 12:10:44 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

gif/avi in gap

On Sun, May 28, 2006 at 03:07:08AM -0400, adly mabro wrote:

Do I have to convert my gif animation to avi in order to get my layers into frames using "Split Video into Frames", or is there another way in gap, that is still automated?

an animated gif is a image with color restrictions and is made of layers. an avi is an mp3 with encoding limitations and is made of frames.

you should first use gap to split the gif into separate images using /Video/Split image into frames and then re-encode into avi using /Video/Encode/Master videoencoder.

the default settings for the gap master encoder will produce an avi that has been reported to not be viewable on Windows. i don't know if that has changed. this caused me to change the encoding (on a recommendation) to ts format (found somewhere in the master videoencoder dialog).

good luck with that as there are apparently as many different video encodings as there are people in this world. and perhaps more as those people are allowed to change their minds and rethink the things they have done and written.

carol