RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Select shapes

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Select shapes SnapafunFrank 28 May 06:02
20060526123717.3D1D9A66BFB@... 07 Oct 20:17
  Select shapes saulgoode@brickfilms.com 28 May 15:15
SnapafunFrank
2006-05-28 06:02:28 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Select shapes

Cannot seem to find the documentation on this one ?

I use the tool " Select shapes from image " ~ what next ?

I am trying to crop a shape from the primary image to leave me with the selected shape and a transparent background so that I can later transpose the image onto or under another image to achieve a final result of one image from two images.

Using Gimp2.2.4 on Linux

saulgoode@brickfilms.com
2006-05-28 15:15:32 UTC (almost 18 years ago)

Select shapes

When you are cutting out shapes using the Intelligent Scissors tool, you must click on your original starting point after enterring the last point. After that, you should should click on the inside of the drawn shape and the shape will change into a selection (you may already know all of this).

Once your selection is made, you will wish to invert it ("Select->Invert" from the image menu). You can then "Edit->Clear" and the region outside of your drawn shape will become transparent. NOTE: it will only become transparent if the layer has an alpha channel (otherwise it will be filled with the background color). If the layer name in the Layers window appears in BOLD type (this indicates it has no alpha channel), you can add an alpha channel by performing a "Layer->Transparency->Add Alpha Channel" from the image menu.