RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp won't start without warnings

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

20060501190005.67ADDA6673B@... 07 Oct 20:17
  Gimp won't start without warnings Jennifer Chase 02 May 01:10
   Gimp won't start without warnings scott s. 02 May 23:11
Jennifer Chase
2006-05-02 01:10:07 UTC (about 18 years ago)

I downloaded the latest versions of Gimp and it's GTK, but everytime I open it, it stops halfway through loading the program and tells me that it can't find a file called 'libgimp-2.0-0.dll' and that re-installing might fix it. I tried re-installing like the rest of the message said, but the problem persists.
Also; I can keep clicking until it loads Gimp, but I think something's missing: I can't open bitmaps or jpegs or any other picture format I confirmed on in the installation.
Please and thank you.

-Jenn

---------------------------------
Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1¢/min.

scott s.
2006-05-02 23:11:01 UTC (about 18 years ago)

Jennifer Chase wrote:

I downloaded the latest versions of Gimp and it's GTK, but everytime I open it, it stops halfway through loading the program and tells me that it can't find a file called 'libgimp-2.0-0.dll' and that re-installing might fix it. I tried re-installing like the rest of the message said, but the problem persists.
Also; I can keep clicking until it loads Gimp, but I think something's missing: I can't open bitmaps or jpegs or any other picture format I confirmed on in the installation.

I have that problem if I try to launch Gimp from within another application, but not from
a shortcut (WinXPsp2). I don't see why this dll is not getting picked up; it seems to be
in the same location as all other files for Gimp.

scott s. .