RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

lines with arrow

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

lines with arrow Haibo Yu 11 Apr 05:33
  lines with arrow Carol Spears 11 Apr 06:14
Haibo Yu
2006-04-11 05:33:36 UTC (about 18 years ago)

lines with arrow

Dear all,

Could anyone tell me how to make a line with arrow in gimp? I have been browsing through the website, but could not find.

Thanks

H.

Carol Spears
2006-04-11 06:14:44 UTC (about 18 years ago)

lines with arrow

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 10:33:36PM -0500, Haibo Yu wrote:

Could anyone tell me how to make a line with arrow in gimp? I have been browsing through the website, but could not find.

typically, the suggestion is to use inkscape as it is a vector drawing application.

however, to do this in gimp, use the path tool. you can very easily make straight line segments with this tool and Edit-->Stroke Path gives a dialog with several different options and even tools to paint along your paths.

also, once you have a line with an arrow that you like, you can duplicate it and use the transformation tools (scale and rotate, for instance) and the move tool to get the same arrow in different sizes and pointing in different directions.

you can also export your arrow to svg via the path dialog. right click on the dialog and there is an option to export. then you can easily import your arrow into other images.

also, sorry about the web site. it was made for gimp-1.2. the path tool has changed (and improved) about the most of any of the tools since that version of gimp.

carol