RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

tif support

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

tif support Bill W. 18 Feb 01:54
  tif support Julian Oliver 18 Feb 02:59
Bill W.
2006-02-18 01:54:00 UTC (about 18 years ago)

tif support

Hi everyone,
I run Gimp on Mandriva 2006.....kernel 2.6.12-12 I uninstalled the standard Gimp installation from the Mandriva cd's in order to install Gimp 2.3.6
It compiled reasonably well but I did get the error that I couldn't have tif support so I used the 'without tif support' option.

Now, of course, I would like to add that missing tif support. Is there a tutorial or web page detailing the process.

Thanks for your advice, Bill W.

Julian Oliver
2006-02-18 02:59:19 UTC (about 18 years ago)

tif support

..on Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 04:54:00PM -0800, Bill W. wrote:

Hi everyone,
I run Gimp on Mandriva 2006.....kernel 2.6.12-12 I uninstalled the standard Gimp installation from the Mandriva cd's in order to install Gimp 2.3.6
It compiled reasonably well but I did get the error that I couldn't have tif support so I used the 'without tif support' option.

Now, of course, I would like to add that missing tif support. Is there a tutorial or web page detailing the process.

AFAIK you merely need to have libtiff installed and then configure will find it. look at config.log or similar after a ./configure and you should see whether or not it has been detected. if it hasn't i would try an 'ldconfig && make clean && ./configure' or similar.

the README doesn't appear to indicate you need to explicitly declare TIFF support at ./configure.

julian