RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

python, plugins and interfaces

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

python, plugins and interfaces PAEDER Vincent 23 Jan 21:08
  python, plugins and interfaces Carol Spears 23 Jan 22:09
   python, plugins and interfaces Vincent Paeder 26 Jan 14:59
    python, plugins and interfaces Carol Spears 26 Jan 19:07
python, plugins and interfaces PAEDER Vincent 26 Jan 19:56
PAEDER Vincent
2006-01-23 21:08:58 UTC (over 18 years ago)

hello everybody,
is it possible to open the plugin interface with a python command? My goal would be to run gimp in batch mode from the command line (from another python script actually) and still be able to configure the plugin I invoke with the interactive interface. For now, I can launch gimp and call a dedicated plugin which communicates with the main application through a socket. I can obtain the list of installed plugins along with their detailed properties, thus I could rebuild an appropriate interface. But it would be great if I didn't have to. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Carol Spears
2006-01-23 22:09:54 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 09:08:58PM +0100, PAEDER Vincent wrote:

hello everybody,
is it possible to open the plugin interface with a python command? My goal would be to run gimp in batch mode from the command line (from another python script actually) and still be able to configure the plugin I invoke with the interactive interface. For now, I can launch gimp and call a dedicated plugin which communicates with the main application through a socket. I can obtain the list of installed plugins along with their detailed properties, thus I could rebuild an appropriate interface. But it would be great if I didn't have to. Does anyone have a suggestion?

i actually put something about that on my web site, i forget where though:
http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/scripting/

carol

Vincent Paeder
2006-01-26 14:59:57 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Thanks for your answer. I did have a look, but I'm not sure we mean the same thing. Anyway, I got a second problem which may be more compromising than the absence of user interface. That is, my tool stores pictures as gdk pixbufs, and I'd like to send them to an arbitrary gimp plugin to be treated. Can I do that somehow?

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 13:09 -0800, Carol Spears wrote:

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 09:08:58PM +0100, PAEDER Vincent wrote:

hello everybody,

i actually put something about that on my web site, i forget where though:
http://carol.gimp.org/gimp/scripting/

carol

Carol Spears
2006-01-26 19:07:12 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 02:59:57PM +0100, Vincent Paeder wrote:

Thanks for your answer. I did have a look, but I'm not sure we mean the same thing. Anyway, I got a second problem which may be more compromising than the absence of user interface. That is, my tool stores pictures as gdk pixbufs, and I'd like to send them to an arbitrary gimp plugin to be treated. Can I do that somehow?

i suggest that you first read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post

then understand that most of the people on the gtk+ list do not like top-posting from email and then ask that (and your other questions like this) on that list. i can find the url to subscribe if you need for me to.

carol

PAEDER Vincent
2006-01-26 19:56:16 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Hello again, ok sorry I had never realised that about top posting. I actually found a solution by trial and error. That is: - send the image as string through the socket - create an image containing a layer of the right size in gimp and get the pixel region and assign my string to it - and it works ...
If you are wondering what the hell I'm trying to achieve, actually I'm trying to integrate gimp plugins into a tool that I made to build cursor themes for X11 and that I called gursor maker. And the goal would be just to be able create lets say the "cursor modifier" "ripple me that" which uses the ripple plugin of gimp with given parameters and then by drag and drop on the different cursors apply it transparently. Thanks for your proposal I think I'll rebuild my interface anyway and I'll make some kind of automatic interface builder to integrate the options in a panel. Cheers,
V. Paeder