RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Newbie needs direction wrt replacing text with grass

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Newbie needs direction wrt replacing text with grass Jim Lynch 26 Sep 19:32
  Newbie needs direction wrt replacing text with grass Andrew 26 Sep 20:09
  Newbie needs direction wrt replacing text with grass Carol Spears 26 Sep 20:18
   Newbie needs direction wrt replacing text with grass Jim Lynch 26 Sep 20:43
Newbie needs direction wrt replacing text with grass Neil Patterson 26 Sep 20:46
Jim Lynch
2005-09-26 19:32:00 UTC (over 18 years ago)

No, not MJ. I have a nice picture I'd like to print and frame but it has the stupid date/time string in yellow in the corner. I have subsequenly turned off the date stamp so that won't happen again. Fortunately, maybe, the stamp is in a field of nice green grass, so I was hoping somehow I could replace the solid color (yellow) of the stamp with something that looks like grass. Any suggestions on how I might go about that? I've used gimp for simple things, like brightness, contrast, and cropping but replacing colors and doing things with layers is beyond me at this time. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Jim.

Andrew
2005-09-26 20:09:28 UTC (over 18 years ago)

Jim Lynch wrote:

No, not MJ. I have a nice picture I'd like to print and frame but it has the stupid date/time string in yellow in the corner. I have subsequenly turned off the date stamp so that won't happen again. Fortunately, maybe, the stamp is in a field of nice green grass, so I was hoping somehow I could replace the solid color (yellow) of the stamp with something that looks like grass. Any suggestions on how I might go about that? I've used gimp for simple things, like brightness, contrast, and cropping but replacing colors and doing things with layers is beyond me at this time. Can anyone help?

Thanks, Jim.

Try the clone tool. It's pretty simple to use and well explained in the help.

Andrew

Carol Spears
2005-09-26 20:18:15 UTC (over 18 years ago)

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 01:32:00PM -0400, Jim Lynch wrote:

if i read your question correctly, this is a job for the clone tool.

you give the clone tool a brush and ctl click on some of the grass near to the area you wish to cover and make certain that Aligned is toggled in the Tool Options.

carol

Jim Lynch
2005-09-26 20:43:17 UTC (over 18 years ago)

OK, OK, I'm convinced. The first time I read "clone" I thought it was a way to work on a copy of the original so I didn't screw it up. Now I get the message. It only takes about 5 swings of the 2x4 to get my attention. Thanks to all. I've learned something . While this isn't perfect I don't think the casual observer will notice. Since this is my first "cloning" experiment, I'm satisfied with the results. If anyone wants to see the results, check out
http://65.13.27.163/sue/100_0323.jpg

Thanks for the help.

Jim.

On 9/26/05, Carol Spears wrote:

No, not MJ. I have a nice picture I'd like to print and frame but it has

the

stupid date/time string in yellow in the corner. I have subsequenly

turned

off the date stamp so that won't happen again. Fortunately, maybe, the

stamp

is in a field of nice green grass, so I was hoping somehow I could

replace

the solid color (yellow) of the stamp with something that looks like

grass.

Any suggestions on how I might go about that? I've used gimp for simple things, like brightness, contrast, and cropping but replacing colors and doing things with layers is beyond me at this time. Can anyone help?

you give the clone tool a brush and ctl click on some of the grass near to the area you wish to cover and make certain that Aligned is toggled in the Tool Options.

carol

Neil Patterson
2005-09-26 20:46:08 UTC (over 18 years ago)

You may also want to review the Resynthesizer plugin. See http://www.logarithmic.net/pfh/resynthesizer

.../neil patterson

"Carol Spears" wrote in message news:20050926181815.GK20676@gimp.org...

No, not MJ. I have a nice picture I'd like to print and frame but it has the
stupid date/time string in yellow in the corner. I have subsequenly turned
off the date stamp so that won't happen again. Fortunately, maybe, the stamp
is in a field of nice green grass, so I was hoping somehow I could replace
the solid color (yellow) of the stamp with something that looks like grass.
Any suggestions on how I might go about that? I've used gimp for simple things, like brightness, contrast, and cropping but replacing colors and doing things with layers is beyond me at this time. Can anyone help?

carol