RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Change color (pdf)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

6 of 6 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Change color (pdf) Til Schubbe 11 Jul 19:11
  Change color (pdf) Olivier Ripoll 11 Jul 19:37
   Change color (pdf) Til Schubbe 11 Jul 20:25
    Change color (pdf) michael chang 11 Jul 20:50
    Change color (pdf) Sven Neumann 11 Jul 21:18
     Change color (pdf) Til Schubbe 11 Jul 21:31
Til Schubbe
2005-07-11 19:11:00 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Change color (pdf)

Hi,

I have a pdf document (one sheet) which contains the background color (white) and a 2nd color (writing, black). How can I replace one specific color in the whole document (the writing color) by another?

I found how to change the color of contigous areas but that's not what I want.

TIA
Til

PS:
til@debian:~ - gimp --version
GIMP version 2.2.8

Olivier Ripoll
2005-07-11 19:37:00 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Change color (pdf)

Til Schubbe wrote:

Hi,

I have a pdf document (one sheet) which contains the background color (white) and a 2nd color (writing, black). How can I replace one specific color in the whole document (the writing color) by another?

I found how to change the color of contigous areas but that's not what I want.

TIA
Til

Hello,

Have you tried "Select->by color" ? (there might be a tool in your toolbox for that, depending on your gimp configuration, it looks like a hand with one finger pointing on 3 colored rectangles). You can set the threshold in the tool options window to refine your selection borders. Then click on the writing to select all of it, and drag and drop the new colour you want to the image window.

Regards,

Olivier.

Til Schubbe
2005-07-11 20:25:15 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Change color (pdf)

Hello Olivier,

* On 11.07. Olivier Ripoll (durocortorum73-gmane@yahoo.fr) muttered:

Have you tried "Select->by color" ?

Then click on the writing to select all of it, and drag and drop the new colour you want to the image window.

This only seems to work to change the color of the (white) background. It doesn't matter if I drop the color onto the background or onto the black foreground.

I can't have missed the black color while dropping, because the pdf also contains large black areas.

What can I do to select the foreground (color)?

Regards Til

michael chang
2005-07-11 20:50:41 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Change color (pdf)

On 7/11/05, Til Schubbe wrote:

Hello Olivier,

* On 11.07. Olivier Ripoll (durocortorum73-gmane@yahoo.fr) muttered:

Then click on the writing to select all of it, and drag and drop the new colour you want to the image window.

This only seems to work to change the color of the (white) background. It doesn't matter if I drop the color onto the background or onto the black foreground.

That doesn't make sense, but if that's the problem, try inverting the selection. Problem solved. It helps if the fill tool is used on the black text, and if you zoom in (so that you can see individual pixels, e.g. 800% zoom). Then zoom out to see the whole document and see if that works.

You may need to convert the pdf to rgb format and save it as e.g. an XCF, but I doubt this will be necessary. Are PDFs stored as indexed, grayscale, or rgb? I can't remember.

I can't have missed the black color while dropping, because the pdf also contains large black areas.

What can I do to select the foreground (color)?

Regards Til
_______________________________________________ Gimp-user mailing list
Gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu
http://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/mailman/listinfo/gimp-user

Sven Neumann
2005-07-11 21:18:25 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Change color (pdf)

Hi,

Til Schubbe writes:

Dropping a color will fill the current selection. It doesn't matter at all where you drop. Make sure that you select the right areas before you fill.

Sven

Til Schubbe
2005-07-11 21:31:42 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Change color (pdf)

* On 11.07. Sven Neumann (sven@gimp.org) muttered:

Make sure that you select the right areas before you fill.

Yes, that's it. Previously I selected the whole sheet. Then I took a piece of the foreground only.

Thanks!

Til