RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

how to set default units in gimp 2.2?

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

how to set default units in gimp 2.2? Gabor Istvan 10 Jul 17:06
  how to set default units in gimp 2.2? Sven Neumann 10 Jul 20:44
Gabor Istvan
2005-07-10 17:06:00 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Dear List Members?

How can I set the default units from inches to centimeters in GIMP 2.2. 4 (SuSE 9.3)? Whenever I go to Image->Print Size or Image/Scale Image I have to adjust manually the units in the pull-down menu which is very inconvenient. Is it possible to have GIMP remember these settings?
TIA,
IG

Sven Neumann
2005-07-10 20:44:53 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

Gabor Istvan writes:

How can I set the default units from inches to centimeters in GIMP 2.2. 4 (SuSE 9.3)? Whenever I go to Image->Print Size or Image/Scale Image I have to adjust manually the units in the pull-down menu which is very inconvenient. Is it possible to have GIMP remember these settings?

The units are taken from the image. You probably want to tell GIMP to use centimeters as the default unit for new images and images that don't otherwise specify a unit. You can do that in the Preferences dialog.

Sven