RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

select rect snap to corner

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

select rect snap to corner Tim E. Jedlicka - wrk 10 Jul 08:06
  select rect snap to corner Joe Carsto 10 Jul 16:59
  select rect snap to corner Sven Neumann 10 Jul 20:43
Tim E. Jedlicka - wrk
2005-07-10 08:06:00 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

I'm trying to use the "Select Rectangle" with a fixed aspect ratio. I would like it to snap to the corner of the image/layer. I have "snap to guides" set, but apparently the edges of an image don't have "default" guides. Is there a way to easily accomplish this?

I'm usually trying to crop a 4x6 image down to 3.5x5 maximizing as much of the original image as possible.

Thank you for a wonderful program.

----- Timothy Jedlicka, bonzo@lucent.com, 1-630-713-4436, AOL-IM=tjbonzo Network Entomologist, Lucent Technologies, LWS NOVE Lab Operations

Joe Carsto
2005-07-10 16:59:16 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

On Sunday 10 July 2005 01:06 am, Tim E. Jedlicka - wrk wrote:

I'm trying to use the "Select Rectangle" with a fixed aspect ratio. I would like it to snap to the corner of the image/layer. I have "snap to guides" set, but apparently the edges of an image don't have "default" guides. Is there a way to easily accomplish this?

I'm usually trying to crop a 4x6 image down to 3.5x5 maximizing as much of the original image as possible.

Thank you for a wonderful program.

You could use the to crop your image. For example, if your original image is 900 X 600 pixels, you would set the canvas size to 750 X 525 pixels (make sure to unlock the width and height first). Then use the offset section of the dialog to "center" the original image in the new canvas.

HTH

Sven Neumann
2005-07-10 20:43:44 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Hi,

"Tim E. Jedlicka - wrk" writes:

I'm trying to use the "Select Rectangle" with a fixed aspect ratio. I would like it to snap to the corner of the image/layer. I have "snap to guides" set, but apparently the edges of an image don't have "default" guides.

The development version of GIMP has this feature.

Sven