RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

paste problem

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

5 of 5 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

paste problem wayne 13 Jun 20:51
  paste problem Carol Spears 13 Jun 22:42
   paste problem Jim Clark 13 Jun 23:09
    paste problem wayne 14 Jun 03:00
  paste problem Sven Neumann 13 Jun 23:26
wayne
2005-06-13 20:51:00 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

paste problem

When I cut from one layer and paste to another, GIMP pastes the selection in the center of the image instead of the same position where I cut it from on the previous layer. Is there a configuration switch somewhere that would change this behavior?

Thanks, Wayne
GIMP 2.2.4

Carol Spears
2005-06-13 22:42:30 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

paste problem

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 08:51:00AM -1000, wayne wrote:

When I cut from one layer and paste to another, GIMP pastes the selection in the center of the image instead of the same position where I cut it from on the previous layer. Is there a configuration switch somewhere that would change this behavior?

no, not at this point in time. also, changing this behavior would upset the workflow of people who have been using gimp for a long while now.

one extra step will solve your problem. before you copy, Layer -->Layer to Image Size. this is if you really did "cut" from a layer and not simply select.

carol

Jim Clark
2005-06-13 23:09:12 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

paste problem

Not sure if this is the way you'd like to do this, but if I create a new layer after the "cut", and paste into this new layer, the selection remains where it was and is not centered. This new layer could be combined with another layer if it needs to be connected to something else, but this works fine for me, and the centering works when I want to do things that way.

Thanks-

Jim Clark

Sven Neumann
2005-06-13 23:26:57 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

paste problem

Hi,

wayne writes:

Only if you clear the selection before you paste. If you just copy, switch the active layer and paste, you should be pasting to the same location.

Sven

wayne
2005-06-14 03:00:08 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

paste problem

On Monday 13 June 2005 11:09 am, Jim Clark wrote:

Not sure if this is the way you'd like to do this, but if I create a new layer after the "cut", and paste into this new layer, the selection remains where it was and is not centered. This new layer could be combined with another layer if it needs to be connected to something else, but this works fine for me, and the centering works when I want to do things that way.

Thanks-

Jim Clark

Thanks Jim.

Wayne