RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp 2.3 changes

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

7 of 7 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp 2.3 CMS j Mak 15 May 23:50
  Gimp 2.3 CMS Sven Neumann 16 May 14:39
Gimp 2.3 CMS j Mak 16 May 17:08
Gimp 2.3 changes j Mak 16 May 18:56
  Gimp 2.3 changes Tom Williams 17 May 04:41
   Gimp 2.3 changes Sven Neumann 18 May 02:32
Gimp 2.3 changes j Mak 17 May 06:38
j Mak
2005-05-15 23:50:17 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Gimp 2.3 CMS

I've just installed the Gimp 2.3. Everything went fine. Congratulation to the developers for this polished release. I have a question though relating to CMS. I have Adobe color profiles that I also use with Scribus. In Scribus, I just dumped the stuff in the Profile folder and the program saw it right away. In the Gimp, I've created a profile folder in the ~/.gimp2.3 folder and copied all adobe icc profiles there. Then, I made a link from Preferences>Color Management to the profile folder. The icc profiles appear nicely, both the RGB and the CMYK; but when I shut down and reopen the Gimp the profiles disappear from the Preferences>Color Management dialog and the question mark reappears. Did I do something wrong? What is the proper way of linking to profiles in the Gimp?

More questions later.

Regards jozsefmak

______________________________________________________________________ Post your free ad now! http://personals.yahoo.ca

Sven Neumann
2005-05-16 14:39:42 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Gimp 2.3 CMS

Hi,

j Mak writes:

I've just installed the Gimp 2.3. Everything went fine. Congratulation to the developers for this polished release.

It is in no way polished. There are lots of unfinished things in this early development snapshot.

I have a question though relating to CMS. I have Adobe color profiles that I also use with Scribus. In Scribus, I just dumped the stuff in the Profile folder and the program saw it right away. In the Gimp, I've created a profile folder in the ~/.gimp2.3 folder and copied all adobe icc profiles there. Then, I made a link from Preferences>Color Management to the profile folder. The icc profiles appear nicely, both the RGB and the CMYK; but when I shut down and reopen the Gimp the profiles disappear from the Preferences>Color Management dialog and the question mark reappears. Did I do something wrong?

Did you close the Preferences dialog with the OK button? Are the settings written to your gimprc?

Sven

j Mak
2005-05-16 17:08:05 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Gimp 2.3 CMS

--- Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

j Mak writes:

I've just installed the Gimp 2.3. Everything went fine. Congratulation to the developers for this polished release.

It is in no way polished. There are lots of unfinished things in this
early development snapshot.

In

the Gimp, I've created a profile folder in the

~/.gimp2.3 folder and

copied all adobe icc profiles there. Then, I made

a link from

Preferences>Color Management to the profile

folder. The icc profiles

appear nicely, both the RGB and the CMYK; but when

I shut down and

reopen the Gimp the profiles disappear from the

Preferences>Color

Management dialog and the question mark reappears.

Did I do

something wrong?

Did you close the Preferences dialog with the OK button? Are the
settings written to your gimprc?

Yes, I closed the dialog with the OK button. I also looked up the gimprc file but found nothing there relating to the profile path.

jozsefmak

______________________________________________________________________ Post your free ad now! http://personals.yahoo.ca

j Mak
2005-05-16 18:56:14 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Gimp 2.3 changes

I like the implementation of transient window management system; it was a very good idea and works very well on my gnome desktop.

else

In the change log I read

Tom Williams
2005-05-17 04:41:41 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Gimp 2.3 changes

j Mak wrote:

I like the implementation of transient window management system; it was a very good idea and works very well on my gnome desktop.

What is the transient window management system?

Peace...

Tom

j Mak
2005-05-17 06:38:04 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Gimp 2.3 changes

--- Tom Williams wrote:

j Mak wrote:

I like the implementation of transient window management system; it was a very good idea and

works

very well on my gnome desktop.

If you check Preferences>window management>...docs are transient... box, the toolbar and the palettes remain on the top of the image window all the time. Also, when you minimize the image window it minimizes all the palettes and toolbars. The point is that with this option enabled Gimp starts behaving a bit like applications with container window layout.

jozsefmak

Sven Neumann
2005-05-18 02:32:27 UTC (almost 19 years ago)

Gimp 2.3 changes

Hi,

Tom Williams writes:

I tried to explain it in my blog:

http://svenfoo.geekheim.de/index.php/2005-05-12/transient-docks/

Please note that this is in no way final and is likely going to undergo further changes in the near future.

Sven