RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Invisable Text

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Invisable Text Bill Vance 11 Aug 15:20
  Invisable Text Liam R E Quin 12 Aug 03:24
Bill Vance
2018-08-11 15:20:32 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Invisable Text

Howdy;

I'm running Kubuntu 16.04 here, on an amd64 box, and just upgraded to gimp 2.8.22. When I try to add text to a picture, nothing happens. I try to change colors, nothing happens. Type text, or get it from a file, nothig happens. I'm not sure how to discribe it, but sometimes there's an indication that a text cursor has moved during a typing attempt, but still no text.

What gives?

Bill Vance

Liam R E Quin
2018-08-12 03:24:03 UTC (over 5 years ago)

Invisable Text

On Sat, 2018-08-11 at 08:20 -0700, Bill Vance wrote:

Howdy;

I'm running Kubuntu 16.04 here, on an amd64 box, and just upgraded to gimp 2.8.22. When I try to add text to a picture, nothing happens.

Use the text tool to draw a large rectangle. Make sure that the text colour in Tool Options contrasts with the background. Make sure that the text layer is uppermost. Check that the font size in tool options is plausible, as is the choice of font. Do not play with the on-canvas text options at all during this process, use only the Tool Options dock.

After typing some text check in the lyers dock that the text layer is on top and has layer mode Normal.

Liam

Liam Quin - web slave for https://www.fromoldbooks.org/
with fabulous vintage art and fascinating texts to read.
Click here to have the slave whipped with spaghetti.