RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

(no subject)

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

(no subject) Wade Hunter 17 Jun 13:28
  (no subject) Ofnuts 17 Jun 14:08
Wade Hunter
2018-06-17 13:28:32 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

(no subject)

whom it may concern

I have scanned & saved all my images @ 300 dpi resolution I THOUGHT. Yet when I click on* image properties for these saved images the (x-y) resolution shows only 11.811x11.811?*

If I copy and paste the image into a* "new image file" and save Again* @ 300 dpi resolution when I check *image properties of the new file *it shows 300dpi.

Can someone please,explain this? Do I have to *copy and paste all *my images in "new images files" to assure they are saved at 300dpi

Thanks,

H Wade

Ofnuts
2018-06-17 14:08:49 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

(no subject)

On 06/17/18 15:28, Wade Hunter wrote:

whom it may concern

I have scanned & saved all my images @ 300 dpi resolution I THOUGHT. Yet when I click on* image properties for these saved images the (x-y) resolution shows only 11.811x11.811?*

If I copy and paste the image into a* "new image file" and save Again* @ 300 dpi resolution when I check *image properties of the new file *it shows 300dpi.

Can someone please,explain this? Do I have to *copy and paste all *my images in "new images files" to assure they are saved at 300dpi

What is the image size (not resolution) in pixels? What is the intended physical size (in inches or cm)?

11.811 inches=300mm. Coincidence?