RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp error

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp error owenn5 01 May 12:54
  Gimp error Warlock 17 May 22:23
   Gimp error Michael Schumacher 17 May 23:02
  Gimp error iPrometheus 07 Jun 14:39
2018-05-01 12:54:26 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

Gimp error

Hello,
Can someone help me, I have install GIMP 2.10 for windows x64 but when I want to launch it, I have an error "fatal error :unhandled exception" (see attached), the configuration of my surface pro is in the attachments. Thank you very much, I have reinstall it 3 times but nothing

2018-05-17 22:23:27 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

Gimp error

The same error here - restarted, reinstalled, uninstalled... 2.10 still crashes instantly. 2.8 never did.

Michael Schumacher
2018-05-17 23:02:14 UTC (almost 6 years ago)

Gimp error

On 05/18/2018 12:23 AM, Warlock wrote:

The same error here - restarted, reinstalled, uninstalled... 2.10 still crashes instantly. 2.8 never did.

Please check the file name of the installer you used - if it is not gimp-2.10.0-setup-2.exe, then you got an older version and should get the current download from https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

Regards,
Michael
GPG: 96A8 B38A 728A 577D 724D 60E5 F855 53EC B36D 4CDD
2018-06-07 14:39:23 UTC (almost 6 years ago)
postings

Gimp error

Hello,
Can someone help me, I have install GIMP 2.10 for windows x64 but when I want to launch it, I have an error "fatal error :unhandled exception" (see attached), the configuration of my surface pro is in the attachments.
Thank you very much, I have reinstall it 3 times but nothing

I use GIMP on a Windows PC and I had the same problem. I finally discovered that it was an incompatible plug-in. I had installed Gap for gimp in my previous version. I believe that the plug-in is not compatible with the new processing engine. (just a guess) A simple uninstall through the control panel did not work. When I reinstalled GIMP, it still had the same error. When Windows uninstalls GIMP it leaves behind some files and folders that contain your plug-ins, themes, etc. I had to go and delete all of those folders and then reinstall GIMP for it to work. Here are the folders that you should delete.

C:\Program Files\GIMP 2 C:\Users\\AppData\Local\GIMP

The AppData folder is hidden so you may need to turn on the show hidden files and folders option in the folder options link in the control panel to see it.

This will also delete all of your themes and brushes. If you have any custom themes or brushes, you should back them up before you delete the folders. They can be found: C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\themes and C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\share\gimp\2.0\brushes

After I deleted all of those files and installed GIMP again, everything worked just fine.

Hope this helps.