RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

GIMP Help Documentation

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

GIMP Help Documentation Kalle Ounapuu 23 Feb 22:57
  GIMP Help Documentation Sven Neumann 23 Feb 23:53
Kalle Ounapuu
2005-02-23 22:57:33 UTC (about 19 years ago)

GIMP Help Documentation

(I am using Windows GIMP).

When I first installed GIMP, no Help seemed to exist for it when going to the Help menu. Gives an error about some file not found.

I assumed I have to download the help docs seperately?

Off the website downloads page I saw the FTP url for help docs. ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/help/

What do I do with this? Copy the entire folder to my computer? Then what? Do I place this in \Program Files\Gimp\ somewhere?

Thanks in adv.

-----Original Message----- From: gimp-user-bounces@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu [mailto:gimp-user-bounces@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Kalle Ounapuu
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 4:05 PM To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: RE: [Gimp-user] Color Reduction with GIMP

Is there an easier way to suggest an improvement to GIMP?

-----Original Message----- From: gimp-user-bounces@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu [mailto:gimp-user-bounces@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu]On Behalf Of Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 1:50 PM To: gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Color Reduction with GIMP

On Tuesday 22 February 2005 15:45, Kalle Ounapuu wrote:

Once a colour would be removed from the palette, the pixels in the image should change to the closest matching colour in the palette. There would be an algorithm that chooses the replacement colour.

Hi -
could you open an enhancement request in bugzilla.gnome.org for this?
I believe it has good chances of coming in for GIMP 2.4.

Sven Neumann
2005-02-23 23:53:18 UTC (about 19 years ago)

GIMP Help Documentation

Hi,

"Kalle Ounapuu" writes:

(I am using Windows GIMP).

When I first installed GIMP, no Help seemed to exist for it when going to the Help menu. Gives an error about some file not found.

I assumed I have to download the help docs seperately?

Off the website downloads page I saw the FTP url for help docs. ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/help/

What do I do with this?

You would extract the archive and look at the file INSTALL. But then I doubt you would get the help files built on Windows. Why don't you use the Win32 installer for the help files as available from http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html ?

Sven