RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Curved Text

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Curved Text Michael Satterwhite 23 Feb 03:28
  Curved Text Sven Neumann 23 Feb 10:33
Michael Satterwhite
2005-02-23 03:28:17 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Curved Text

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1

I'm a relatively new user with Gimp. I need to include text on an image that is curved - eg, is displayed in a circular fashion. I'm sure this is a fairly straightforward operation with a tool as powerful as Gimp seems to be, but I don't see how to do it.

Would someone be so kind as to offer a suggestion? tia
- ---Michael
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.0 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Thunderbird - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFCG+pBjeziQOokQnARAgDiAJwMuppatzdEcDFq8XU8IeqkmnEqzQCgoAqa Sna3XGcPOVRECRLuqe528cY=
=Qbnr
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Sven Neumann
2005-02-23 10:33:04 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Curved Text

Hi,

Michael Satterwhite writes:

I'm a relatively new user with Gimp. I need to include text on an image that is curved - eg, is displayed in a circular fashion. I'm sure this is a fairly straightforward operation with a tool as powerful as Gimp seems to be, but I don't see how to do it.

While there are ways to get this done in GIMP (try Filters->Distorts->Curve Bend), I rather suggest that you use a vector editing application such as Inkscape to prepare the text and import it into GIMP as an SVG file.

Sven