RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

problem installing help files on v.2.2.3

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

problem installing help files on v.2.2.3 ino 18 Feb 18:35
  problem installing help files on v.2.2.3 Craig Marshall 18 Feb 19:01
ino
2005-02-18 18:35:44 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hello:

I just installed in my PC (WinXP/SP1) the new Gimp 2.2.3 & It is Fantastic. I only had a minor problem that I resolved partially. I'm not a programmer & my explanation could be somewhat weird, so my sincere apologies & hope you could understand & give me a hand with it.

When I began working with the Gimp, every time I tried to use the "help user manual" a message window appeared telling me that it could not find the help files & showed me the location where they should be (C/program files/Gimp-2.2/share/gimp/2.0/help/en/gimp-help.XML). So, I clicked my way through & the following is what happened:

1. There was no help folder installed + (en/gimp-help.XML---also missing), I created a new folder called help inside folder 2.0 & then a new folder called en inside the new help folder.
2. I unzipped the Zip Help File (gimp-help-2-0.6.tar) which I downloaded from WWW.gimp.com & looked for an "en" file (which I found after I extracted the files to a new folder I made on the desktop). I found the two files I were looking for (en and gimp-help.XML). I found them on Desktop/New Folder/gimp-help-2-0.6/html/en/gimp-help.

3. I double clicked the en folder "select & paste" all to the new en folder I created.

Now, I can use the "help user manual", GREAT!. But the images that should appeared with the "help file manual" are not present (I only see the boxed red cross. & that is the situation, How do I install the Help files?

Thanks;

ino

Craig Marshall
2005-02-18 19:01:14 UTC (about 19 years ago)

Hi,

As you are using Windows, there is an easy way to install the help files. There's an installer for the help at this website: http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html -- Look for Gimp Help 2 under the "Additional Packages" heading.

Alternatively, you can try to copy the images folder from the tarball that you downloaded. I don't have a copy of the tarball, but the images folder is installed to the same level as the en folder. So - go to the same place you copied the en folder from, and look for an images folder?

Craig