RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Position image on page

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

4 of 4 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Position image on page Felix Salfner 14 Jan 10:05
  Position image on page Geoffrey 14 Jan 14:16
   Position image on page Jacob S 14 Jan 15:33
  Position image on page Sven Neumann 14 Jan 20:18
Felix Salfner
2005-01-14 10:05:58 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Position image on page

I just switched from Corel PhotoPaint to the Gimp and am looking for a way to position the image on the page for printing.

Within PhotoPaint, the printing dialog lets you graphically adjust the size of the image and position it on the page directly by mouse. Of course, there's also the choice to set the size to "original size" and to "center" the image. Furthermore, PhotoPaint can automatically shrink the image such that it fits the paper size.

How can this be done with Gimp? I didn't find the appropriate dialog / menu.

Thanks for help. Felix

Geoffrey
2005-01-14 14:16:45 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Position image on page

Felix Salfner wrote:

I just switched from Corel PhotoPaint to the Gimp and am looking for a way to position the image on the page for printing.

Within PhotoPaint, the printing dialog lets you graphically adjust the size of the image and position it on the page directly by mouse. Of course, there's also the choice to set the size to "original size" and to "center" the image. Furthermore, PhotoPaint can automatically shrink the image such that it fits the paper size.

The print dialog I see in gimp allows all you've just noted. You can use the scaling slider to set the size. You can grab the actual image in the preview and drag it where you want it. There's also the 'use original image size' button just above the print button, lower right corner.

Jacob S
2005-01-14 15:33:52 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Position image on page

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:16:45 -0500 Geoffrey wrote:

Felix Salfner wrote:

The print dialog I see in gimp allows all you've just noted. You can use the scaling slider to set the size. You can grab the actual image

in the preview and drag it where you want it. There's also the 'use original image size' button just above the print button, lower right corner.

I think this is a Linux only feature. Unfortunately for Windows users.

HTH, Jacob

Sven Neumann
2005-01-14 20:18:29 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Position image on page

Hi,

Felix Salfner writes:

You have two options:

(1) Switch to a non-Win32 platform. The standard print plug-in has the features you are asking for. The winprint plug-in that is used for printing on Windows seems to be rather limited in functionality.

(2) Add the missing functionality to the winprint plug-in or look for someone who can do this for you (and for the other Win32 users).

Sven