RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Gimp/ImageMagick Transparency Problems

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Gimp/ImageMagick Transparency Problems Aaron Luptak 14 Dec 21:08
  Gimp/ImageMagick Transparency Problems Sven Neumann 14 Dec 22:21
   Gimp/ImageMagick Transparency Problems Aaron Luptak 15 Dec 00:43
Aaron Luptak
2004-12-14 21:08:57 UTC (over 19 years ago)

I've got a problem with Gimp 2.0.6 reading some images: (Using ImageMagick 6.1.6...)

I took jpgs from a digital camera. Converted them ($convert filname.jpg filename.png) to png rotated some of them 90 degrees cw or ccw (using mogrify) the images load ok in most programs (xzgv, xscreensaver), but whenever I load one of the images that was rotated in the Gimp, it shows up completely transparent (but rotated). Any ideas?

I've tried converting the png's to another format (tiff) but no luck there...

Editing the original JPGs isn't an option as I don't have them anymore.

Thanks Aaron

Sven Neumann
2004-12-14 22:21:58 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Aaron Luptak writes:

I've got a problem with Gimp 2.0.6 reading some images: (Using ImageMagick 6.1.6...)

I took jpgs from a digital camera. Converted them ($convert filname.jpg filename.png) to png rotated some of them 90 degrees cw or ccw (using mogrify) the images load ok in most programs (xzgv, xscreensaver), but whenever I load one of the images that was rotated in the Gimp, it shows up completely transparent (but rotated). Any ideas?

Could you put one of these PNGs file online so that we could have a look?

Sven

Aaron Luptak
2004-12-15 00:43:15 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Aaron Luptak writes:

Could you put one of these PNGs file online so that we could have a look?

Sven

Warning, these are large, 4-6MB!

Converted, unrotated image (ie. opens fine in gimp): http://asuaf.org/~ajl/gimp/p1010001.png Converted, rotated image (ie. shows only transparency in gimp): http://asuaf.org/~ajl/gimp/p1010003r.png

Thanks Aaron