RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

import layers from other xcf

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

12 of 12 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

import layers from other xcf Gert Cuykens 13 Dec 06:01
  import layers from other xcf Geoffrey 13 Dec 11:44
   import layers from other xcf Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris 13 Dec 12:04
    import layers from other xcf Sven Neumann 13 Dec 12:33
     import layers from other xcf Geoffrey 13 Dec 12:41
      import layers from other xcf Gert Cuykens 13 Dec 19:29
       import layers from other xcf Michael Schumacher 13 Dec 19:39
        import layers from other xcf Gert Cuykens 13 Dec 23:31
         import layers from other xcf Michael Schumacher 13 Dec 23:45
          import layers from other xcf Gert Cuykens 13 Dec 23:55
           import layers from other xcf Geoffrey 14 Dec 03:04
    import layers from other xcf Geoffrey 13 Dec 12:37
Gert Cuykens
2004-12-13 06:01:54 UTC (over 19 years ago)

i would like to import layers from a other xcf. how do i do that ?

Geoffrey
2004-12-13 11:44:10 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gert Cuykens wrote:

I'm by no means an expert and there might be a better way to do it, but what I would do is, open the second xcf file then simply copy/paste the layers you want from that xcf to the one you're working on.

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris
2004-12-13 12:04:43 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Monday 13 December 2004 08:44, Geoffrey wrote:

Gert Cuykens wrote:

I'm by no means an expert and there might be a better way to do it, but what I would do is, open the second xcf file then simply copy/paste the layers you want from that xcf to the one you're working on.

Actually, rather than copy/pasting, with both files open it would be much faster to drag and drop layers from one to the other.

Just pick the layer thumbnails on the Layers dialog, and drag them to a display of your second-image. Or drag to the toolbox to create a new image.

JS
->

Sven Neumann
2004-12-13 12:33:28 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

"Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris" writes:

Actually, rather than copy/pasting, with both files open it would be much faster to drag and drop layers from one to the other.

Just pick the layer thumbnails on the Layers dialog, and drag them to a display of your second-image. Or drag to the toolbox to create a new image.

Or, if you have GIMP 2.2, just open the second XCF from the first one using "File->Open as Layer".

Sven

Geoffrey
2004-12-13 12:37:19 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris wrote:

On Monday 13 December 2004 08:44, Geoffrey wrote:

Gert Cuykens wrote:

Like I said. :) Thanks, now I've learned something. :)

Geoffrey
2004-12-13 12:41:27 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Or, if you have GIMP 2.2, just open the second XCF from the first one using "File->Open as Layer".

Time to upgrade. :)

Gert Cuykens
2004-12-13 19:29:09 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:41:27 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:

Sven Neumann wrote:

Hi,

Time to upgrade. :)

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Michael Schumacher
2004-12-13 19:39:19 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gert Cuykens wrote:

already thx when will the gimp 2.2 windows version come out ?

When 2.2 comes out, plus the time it takes the maintainer to prepare the installer.

BTW, you're still not quoting correctly :)

HTH, Michael

Gert Cuykens
2004-12-13 23:31:17 UTC (over 19 years ago)

i think i just delete the quoting thingy :)

Michael Schumacher
2004-12-13 23:45:30 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gert Cuykens wrote:

i think i just delete the quoting thingy :)

You're supposed to quote the parts of the message you're referring to, keep the relevant attribution lines ("xyz wrote:") intact, and delete non-relevant parts (for example the signatures or ads added by mailing lists).

Everyone else should live by these rules also, of course. Repeated failure to do so could get you into killfiles, and that's a place where you don't want to be (reading about killfiles and their purpose is left as an excercise to the reader).

HTH, Michael

Gert Cuykens
2004-12-13 23:55:09 UTC (over 19 years ago)

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 23:45:30 +0100, Michael Schumacher wrote:

You're supposed to quote the parts of the message you're referring to, keep the relevant attribution lines ("xyz wrote:") intact, and delete non-relevant parts (for example the signatures or ads added by mailing lists).

Everyone else should live by these rules also, of course. Repeated failure to do so could get you into killfiles, and that's a place where you don't want to be (reading about killfiles and their purpose is left as an excercise to the reader).

why do you use signatures in a mailing list ? it would be alot more quotomtic if everybody leave them out.

Geoffrey
2004-12-14 03:04:57 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Gert Cuykens wrote:

why do you use signatures in a mailing list ? it would be alot more quotomtic if everybody leave them out.

Getting off topic here, I appreciate Michael's efforts, but it appears Gert is not getting it.