RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Problem with auto-switching input devices

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

2 of 2 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Problem with auto-switching input devices Daniel Fenert 28 Nov 17:46
  Problem with auto-switching input devices Sven Neumann 28 Nov 20:53
Daniel Fenert
2004-11-28 17:46:26 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

I'm writing for the first time here (I'm reading list for several months ;).

I have some USB trackball and some clone of Aiptek Tablet (it's working with http://aiptektablet.sf.net/ drivers).

I've managed to configure gimp to see tablet pressure, but there's a problem with it, normally while using trackball everything works. But when I start to use pen, it works on drawing area, but I can't click on antyhing in X Window nor in other windows of Gimp. (I've just managed to make it not working on drawing area with sequence of Off -> Screen -> Off -> Screen ->.... in Input Devices). After closing Gimp I can normally us X Windows (with trackball and tablet). After running gimp again it has 'pen' selected and I can't choose tool (but drawing with pressure on working area works like nothing happend :) As I was looking at the Devices Dialog - after using 'pen' it never switches back to 'Core Pointer' - is there a way to force switching input device (some keyboard shortcut would be great :)

Could this problem be related to gimp, or more to tablet drivers?

Now something about system:

XFree86 Version 4.3.0 GIMP 2.0.4 (I'm compiling 2.0.6 in the moment, I'll take some time to compile :)

XFree config:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "pen"
Driver "aiptek"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1" Option "Type" "stylus" Option "Mode" "absolute" Option "Cursor" "stylus" Option "USB" "on" Option "KeepShape" "on" Option "debuglevel" "20" EndSection

Section "ServerLayout" ....
InputDevice "Mouse1" "CorePointer" InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CoreKeyboard" InputDevice "pen" "SendCoreEvents"

Sven Neumann
2004-11-28 20:53:48 UTC (over 19 years ago)

Hi,

Daniel Fenert writes:

Could this problem be related to gimp, or more to tablet drivers?

It could in theory be both or it could be a problem in GDK, which is part of GTK.

Now something about system:

XFree86 Version 4.3.0 GIMP 2.0.4 (I'm compiling 2.0.6 in the moment, I'll take some time to compile :)

It would be more interesting to hear about your experiences with gimp-2.2-pre2 and a recent gtk+-2.4.

Sven