RSS/Atom feed Twitter
Site is read-only, email is disabled

Changing foreground pixel colors

This discussion is connected to the gimp-user-list.gnome.org mailing list which is provided by the GIMP developers and not related to gimpusers.com.

This is a read-only list on gimpusers.com so this discussion thread is read-only, too.

3 of 3 messages available
Toggle history

Please log in to manage your subscriptions.

Changing foreground pixel colors etchedpictures 22 Oct 18:13
  Changing foreground pixel colors rich2005 23 Oct 10:09
   Changing foreground pixel colors rich2005 23 Oct 10:17
2016-10-22 18:13:50 UTC (over 7 years ago)
postings

Is there a paint tool that allows me to change the color of specific foreground pixels as I drag it over the picture while leaving the background color untouched?

All of my photos are created using PhotoGrav which converts them to black pixels on a white background for etching on a laser machine.

I would like to know if there is a tool similar to a brush or a pencil that will allow me to drag it over these areas (like I am drawing) converting the black pixels to a different chosen color while leaving the white background untouched.

rich2005
2016-10-23 10:09:44 UTC (over 7 years ago)

Is there a paint tool that allows me to change the color of specific foreground pixels as I drag it over the picture while leaving the background color untouched?

All of my photos are created using PhotoGrav which converts them to black pixels on a white background for etching on a laser machine.

I would like to know if there is a tool similar to a brush or a pencil that will allow me to drag it over these areas (like I am drawing) converting the black pixels to a different chosen color while leaving the white background untouched.

1. Make sure the image is in RGB mode Image -> Mode -> RGB

2. Make a new layer, fill with the desired colour, place under the B/W layer.

3. Foreground colour black, paint brush mode color-erase see sceenshot

4. suitable paintbrush size, paint over the black over the black pixels.

rich2005
2016-10-23 10:17:41 UTC (over 7 years ago)

1. Make sure the image is in RGB mode Image -> Mode -> RGB

2. Make a new layer, fill with the desired colour, place under the B/W layer.

3. Foreground colour black, paint brush mode color-erase see sceenshot

4. suitable paintbrush size, paint over the black over the black pixels.

Hate this mailing list format.

An OOPS

1A. Make sure the image has transparency, Layer -> Transparency -> Add Alpha Channel.